Chapter 18

Y/n POV
Earlier that same day
I was well dressed from head to toe and on my way to school. I waited for Camila by the gate where I always did and a few of our friends were there. "Hey" I said hugging her. "Someone's looking good what's the occasion" she said and I was confused. "You Look nice too but I'm pretty sure you know what this is for" I said hoping she was kidding. "Of course I do" she said. "Okay well I could walk you to class an-" I said. "About that we're practicing right now on the actually stage for tomorrow night" she said as She quickly got out of my embrace and I knew what she was going to say.  I just looked at her in disbelief. "Y/n" she said. "Hey camila they're waiting for us in the auditorium" Shawn said. "And look who happens to show up" I said. "We need to go" he said grabbing her by the arm and she turned and walked away. "She remembered and I'm sure she'll be there after school. She just wants surprise you later" Dallas said. "Yeah Im sure she will" for the past weeks she's been also forgetting plans we've made and she apologizes but then it happens again.

I've already planned how the nights going to go I told her where to meet me. I got out of practice which went good although Shawn didn't show up. It felt good because this is his second strike the bad part is he was with camila. "You ready for tonight" Arianna asked me. "Yes just a little nervous" I said caring my duffel bag. "It's okay to feel like that the L word is scary" she said. "See you later text us what happens" Dallas and her said. "Okay I'll see you guys later" I said. I went home to pick up the stuff and set it up. We'd meet at the lake where we'll have a picnic set up with candles and we'd enjoy the night star gazing then watch a movie at home in the basement.

So after school I made my way home even though I was a little upset in the morning I know she'll be here it's our anniversary. I prepared the basket with snacks and order a pizza to be delivered there cause she loves pizza. I drove to the spot that I thought would be perfect and set up everything.

I must've waited a long while because I ended up falling asleep. I woke up to the sounds of crickets in the distance. I checked the time and it was five past seven and considering daylight savings it was dark with the only light made by the moon. Maybe she's just running a little late I thought to my self and called her a few times. They just went to voicemail. By 8 I grabbed some pizza and started eating it but still waited 30 minutes. I felt devastated that she didn't come but still got my hopes up when I heard a car pull up. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note the best I could in the dark. "Hey you guys want this pizza?" I asked two strangers who were fishing on the deck and they looked at me weird. "There's nothing wrong with it I just got stood up by my girlfriend on our anniversary and I don't want it to go to waste" I said walking towards them. They just looked at me sadly while taking it. "Also there some refreshments and snacks in the basket" I said starting to walk away. "She doesn't deserve you bro" they said and I just shook my head and walked to my truck. As I walked to my truck I didn't know what to think or do. In that moment I got a call from Chris. I just let it ring but he left a voicemail. "Hey y/n call me when you get this" he said. I just threw my phone in the back seat and drove home. I stopped by picked up a backpacking stuffed some clothes and essentials I'd need. As well as left a note on the counter to let my mom know I would be back soon.

No place specific but when I get there I'd feel at home.

About 8 hours later
I arrived in Anaheim and made my way to her front door. I was about to knock when I realized I should check the time. It was pretty late 4:30 in the morning late. I quickly called her.
"Hello" she said groggily.
"Hey Alison it's y/n" I said
"Hey y/n why are you calling so late" she said
"Well you see I'm in front of your house" I said
"In front of my house. As in right now?" She asked not believing me.
"Yeah it's a funny story actually" I said biting my lip.
"Okay my dad left for the night I'll let you in through the door. Wait where did you park." she said.
"Around the corner" I said remembering the routine.