Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve:

I wake up this morning with a feeling of dread in my stomach. At first I wonder why. But that's only for a second. My holiday is now over and I have to start school. Its a small town. Everyone is bound to know who I am. I guess its lucky there's not many people. Means less bullies. And that means no questions.

Questions about how I can lift a growing cheerleader and throw her to the other side of the room. It's not the bullying I worry about. It's what I'll do if I'm... lets say over confident or angry with this bully person. Every schools got to have one overconfident cheerleading popular blonde bimbo don't they?

It sucks really. I get up and throw on some short jean shorts and a cute top from yesterday. It's been like four days. I'm still not used to the weather. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a long time. I have a quick shower because my hair went all frizzy from the plait I had it in last night.

 I brush my hair and put a little bit of makeup on. Nothing drastic. Just a bit of blusher to make my skin look a little less pale. A bit of lip gloss and some eye shadow. I do my hair in a rough bun and pin my fringe back out of my eyes. I take one quick look in the big mirror and smile at myself.

I may or may not have practised what smile I will use for when I see the registration lady at the office for like three minutes.

I leap down the stairs and sit on the couch where Dad and Stephan are sitting. Dad is drinking his daily cup of coffee. I screw up my face. Coffee is disgusting, so it tea, juice, milk, coke, lemonade all drinks! Water is okay because I have to drink it often so I don't look weird not drinking a drop of water. I guess you get used to it.

Stephan gets up. "Come on you need to get to school", he says slightly smirking.

It works. I feel totally jealous. Why couldn't I just say I'm 18 or 19 and get a job instead? I'm tall and mature enough for that. And I'm smart. I could be a teacher by now if I wanted to. But no. Instead I'm forced to go to teen prison. High School.

Stephan has to drive me which makes me that much more nervous. They'll probably judge me on my brother. but then I smile deciding they'll probably think he's cute. Like every other girl in sight does. I needn't have worried anyway. There's only a few other cars here.

I walk into the office. I already knew where every one of my classes were. Because of the tour I had yesterday. I preferred not having someone show me around. Sure I wanted to make friends, but not knowing where things are on your first day is a weakness. And I have no weaknesses. besides. You'd have to rely on and trust the person showing you around. I don't do trust. Especially someone I've just met.

I go up to the registration lady and say hello.

"Hello there Sierra. I didn't expect you this early. I haven't quite got all your things ready yet", she says searching through some papers clearly looking for something.

"Ahh. Here you go. Schedule, map, locker key, information booklet and home room book. You'll need all of this. I can get someone to show you around if you have forgotten your way. The map is just encase. Umm. I think that's all. Have a wonderful day love... OH and take this. Get all the teachers to sign it and then bring it back to me at the end of the day. That's all now. As I was saying have a wonderful day and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me or any other teacher. Lunch is free for the first week".

I smile at the elderly lady in front of me. She looks about 60 and she was actually pretty sweet. I will not need the map though. As I walk out the first thing I do is find a bin and put the map in. Now the school is permanently lodged into my brain. I can't forget it!