Chapter twenty five

Chapter twenty five:

Jake convinced me to come home after he calmed down. I don't know how he did. But I guess those eyes were so... pleading. Well his pleading eyes worked. I was now walking at a fast pace towards my house.

When I neared the back door Dad ran out and hugged me. "Where have you been"?

"Uhhh the woods", I say glumly.

"What's the matter sweetie"?

"I have bad news but I'm not ready to tell you", I say. After that I thank Jake quickly and run upstairs.

I sit on my bed and hug my knees. My laptop gives a ding. I look in it's direction. A message blinks on the screen. Walking over to my desk I read the first part of the email. But it doesn't say who it's from. However the start of the email gives a big clue.

I click on the message and it fills the page. I was right. It's from Joe. I really didn't want to read it but I had already read like half of it so what's the difference.

Dear Sierra

I know you don't like the idea of us being mates/ beloveds. And if you want feel free to reject me. And if you don't know what that means good. Because I really love you Sierra. From the moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were the one. Your the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and you still would be even if you weren't a vampire. About that... I've already told my family about you. They hate the idea of you being my mate. But I don't listen to them and I never will because you are my mate and I love you. I will never reject you or hurt you I promise. I don't care your a vampire. It doesn't make a difference because you're perfect. I hope I've convinced you to give me a chance. And if you are going to reject me at least do it in person. I would want to see your face one last time before you reject me. I love you Sierra.

Love Joe

I put my head in my hands. Why does he have to make this so difficult? It could be easy. I remember those beautiful sparkling eyes and the way his hair sits. I try to imagine rejecting him but I can't. Truth is I've loved him since first sight too.

Dad would not agree and neither does his family. It wouldn't work out. Stephan would have a fit. Speaking of which the potion just needs to boil for another couple of days and then it will be ready. I can't wait for that slut Abigail to leave. She is driving me crazy with all the death glares.

What makes it even more scary is I know that she could kill me.

I try to decide if I should send an email back to Joe. It would seem rude not to. So I click the icon and start typing.

Dear Joe

I got your email. I'm sorry I ran away and I'm sorry I probably hurt your feelings. I was just in shock. I didn't expect it. But of course ever since I saw you. I remember that day clearly. I was talking to William, your brother and some of his friends. Daniel, Logan, James, and a few others I think. Anyway I remember seeing you and the world around me just froze. And if I wasn't a vampire I would have blushed at your smile towards me. And that night you took me to the statue. For the first time. It was magical and perfect. You are perfect. Everything about you. And I really like you but it wouldn't work out. I'm sorry. This isn't me rejecting you. I'm still deciding what are the chances you'll live if I tell my Dad and Stephan. It wouldn't be fair to put you through that and your family doesn't want it either. I do love you. I'm sorry it turned out like this...

Love Sierra

I take a deep breath and hit send. I was shutting my laptop when I heard another ding.

But I want us to be together and if your family really loved you, they wouldn't hurt you by killing me.

I sigh. And start typing again.

I know... And if you really want me to I'll tell them right now.

Before I could even think my brain hit the send button. No! I didn't mean to say that!

Go

I knew what that meant. So did he of course. I couldn't break a promise. Even though I didn't speak the words 'I promise' I meant it as a promise. And I couldn't break it. I make my way down the stairs.

Jake was there talking to my Dad. "Did you tell them"? I ask.

He shakes his head. "Could you excuse us for a moment"? I ask

He stands up and walks away. I hear him run into the woods and shift. When I know he was out of hearing range I speak.

"Like you know not long ago I ran away. But you don't know why. Jake does. I had to tell him and now I plan on telling you. I found my beloved".

Dad smiles and pulls me into a hug. "Congratu"...

"No don't congratulate me okay! I don't like my beloved. Well I love him but it will never work out. Someone will kill one of us".

"Why"?

"Shut up Stephan", I say harshly. "I'm about to tell you". I feel bad for snapping at him I didn't mean it. He will forgive me though.

"Sorry", I breath.

"Its okay", he mumbles.

"My beloved is someone you will not like. But I want you to remember harming him in any way would hurt me"...

"Is he like a lone vampire that drinks humans"? Stephan asks.

I glare but shake my head. "Worse".

"How could it get any worse"?

"If you mate wasn't a vampire".

"He's a human"?!

"Worse".

"But"... Dad says before it clicks.

"A werewolf", he whispers.

I nod my head down looking at the floor. The spiral carpet had never seemed so interesting.

Stephan stands up in rage. "What? Not possible. Who is he Sierra"? he asks in a horrible mean nasty deadly voice.

"I'm not telling you until you calm down.

"What are you talking about I'm perfectly calm", he breaths deeply.

When he truly has calmed down I speak those seven words that changed my life and everyone else's forever. "The soon to be Alpha's little brother".

Both Dad and Stephan storm out of the room and race off most likely to blame him for being my mate. But that's not what matched us up. It was fate and the moon goddess they knew we could change the war between our two kinds. It was our job to stop it.

I run to the computer.

Dad and Stephan on their way dead mad.

Yeah I know. Just came in the front gate killing a guard. Don't worry I never liked that guy anyway.

My breath hitches. Things are about to turn nasty, most likely bloody and stained red.

Sorry its' short. I didn't have much time today. I'll have another chapter up tomorrow. Please comment vote and follow me! Thanks to all my supporters!