Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen:

By some miricle Dad wasn't home the next moring he was away on business. Which basically means he was feeding. And guess what the best part is? Stephan is my babysitter. I did try to say I didn't need one. I can totally handle myself. It isn't hard.  But I'm still the baby of the family. And that can't be changed I'm afraid.

I didn't know what to do with myself. I was bored completely and totally bored. Hannah and Sarah were away with their famuily to a witch course in England. Thye are coming back Friday next week. And I had finally found friends. I did some homework studied for a test that i already knew and snacked on food I didn't need.

It was a njightmare. Don't yuo hate being bored? I spent the rest of the day playing with my laptop adn trying to get a stupid song out of my head. Another One Direction one that Stephan was listening to (I know right?). I don't know the name of the song. Just the chorus and the chorus keeps replaying over and over in my head. That is even more annoying!

At about four oclock I get a call from Joe. I stare at the phone for a while before picking it up. "Hello"?

"Hey Sierra. You me date next Friday. I'll pick you up. Wear something casual", and then he hangs up.

How rude! But all those thoughts flutter away when it regesters that I'm going on a date! Truth is I haven't been on one since I got changed. I have never felt the desire to. I mean some day I would find my beloved so whats the point? To be completly honest my beloved is the only thing keeping me from having a relationship with Joe.

Plus hes a dog if he weren't it would make this a whole lot easier... Especially with Dad and Stephan. I go out and hubnt for something to feed on. Ulike normal vampires we feed on animlas and save the rest of the meat. We just vtake the blood. The meat we freeze and sell to shops, butcheries ect.

Its how we earn a bit of our money. I take out my dagger and stalk around the forest floor and then deside I was being to average hunting from the ground. I lie to be empressive and challenge myself. So then of course I take to the trees. Ravens and other birds on my tail as I whip throught the air towards a scent.

Going so fast I couldn't identify what it was. But I didn't expect it to be Jake. When I pounced he rolled over on the dirt. It's not until I had the dagger on his throat did I realise it was him. "Oh Jake! I'm so sorry"?

"What do you think your doing", he says with an annoyed tone in his voice. "I was in the middle of hunting", he complained.

"As was I. So don't complain I was looking for somehting to feed on and then I found you", i say in fake disgust.

"But your glad right"?

"Course I am"!

"Glad I found dinner", i mutter.

But he hears and shoves me. I nearly lose my balance but regain it before I fall. "Your so cold".

"What did you expect", i say in a questioing tone.

Everyone knew vampires were known as the cold lifeless bloodsuckers. Or leeches and heartless animals. He shoudl have known I'd be cold.

"Its just I picture you as someone who isn't a heartless cold creature like myself. I think of you  as the human Sierra I was friends with years ago. Thats who I picture you as. Not a vampire".