Chapter ten

Chapter ten:

When we got off the plane we got our bags, showed our passports. And mucked around waiting in line for another hour. It was all very boring. I didn't see the wolves get off the plane. I didn't see them inside the airport at all.

Maybe they ran off to the woods by the runway. Its a good mile away but it's still there. I can't see how they'd do it without being caught of seen. Then again they would probably just run away from any guard that came after them. And sprint full speed when in the cover of the trees.

Once out of the stuffy airport we went straight into the rental car building. Dads truck was waiting there for us. Brand new. He ordered it online and everything. I think he had it customised just for him. Its a midnight black from the outside.

On the inside it looks far bigger than it really is. Its got seven seats with lots of leg space. The seats are leather but the front two have covers on them. It's got mini TVs on the back of the two front seats and seat warmers. Plus drink holders and two skylights. And plenty of space in the back for groceries and in the corner, a mini fridge!

Overall it's very impressive. I can't wait to get my car!

"Oh my gosh dad this truck is amazing"!

"I know. It is isn't it. I thought you'd like it. I got it customised at that car dealership online. You can do that two if you like.

I put on some headphones and turn one of the TVs on in the back. "I'd love to".

I watched a movie but I soon got bored. I didn't feel like sleeping and honestly, what's the point? But I'm still very bored. I had a bit of jetlag but I just had to sit still to regain energy. Nothing takes up much energy for us. It's very difficult.

I know your thinking vampires can't age. Most can't. Only the vampires that have been transformed into a vampire by another vampire can't age. Us born with it can but once we hit our 'prime age' we stop aging. For most of us it's 20's. Dad stayed when he was 30. So it's likely that will be my prime age too.

I hope if it is I'll at least be as beautiful as I am now. But us vampires we don't care about how we look much because we always look perfect to the human eye. Key word being much. But I care. A bit anyway. I don't see myself as beautiful. I don't now and I never will. But I'm always told I was as pretty as my mother. I hope she was pretty!

A few hours later we entering the town that would be my home for the next year or two.

All our new furniture has already been shifted into our new house but I have a feeling I'll soon take charge and move a few things around. It's pitch black at the moment and about three in the morning. I don't like working in the dark. So I'll probably go to bed to pass the time.

Stephan and Dad will too surly. I walk into my new room carrying one of my bags. The room isn't that bad honestly. I've only seen the pictures on the computer. It's nice to see how all my new stuff, also only seen on the computer, looks in this room. 

All the walls are a cream colour. Except one wall which is red, white, grey and black stripes. My wooden chest is at the end of my bed which is located in the middle of the featured wall. I have a balcony facing north and a walk in wardrobe. My bathroom is on the same wall as the wardrobe.

My new set of brown wooden draws are on either side of my double bed. They aren't very tall. Just the height of my bed. One of the walls has a very big, nearly wall length and height, mirror on it. There's also a desk with some of my stuff on it. I take all of my clothes out of my bag and dump them on the floor. I then race down get the other three and come back.