Chapter three- Be careful what you wish for...

I could feel myself slowly ease away from the tree i had been clinging to from the first time i saw the mysterious child...but i wasn't going to let myself get to close yet..For all i know she could lash out, strike me down, or even hurt me or herself without meaning to. My breathe turned cold just thinking..But, i wasn't ready to act upon my thoughts just yet.. i began to watch her, just for awhile....I don't really know why i was standing there watching like a creeper in some sort of way, but i felt i needed to..

  She looked so helpless, bended down, un-moving from her spot..Sobbing...loudly. i could only think to stare, but at this rate she keeps sitting there she'll freeze... i maybe a skeleton but, even i know when the cold bites you in the ass and, i wasn't about to just let her freeze out here, i had to do something....something, ANYTHING fast!, she was starting to look like a Popsicle!..In my fogged mind i pulled out a pack of hotdogs from my hoodie pocket.. Normally, i planned on eating these later on, but now wasn't the time to eat.. 

   I carefully broke off a decent bite-sized piece tossing it into the fluffy white clearing. It sunk into the deep snow like a rock, barely reaching my target. I make a silent groan to myself as i chuck another piece this time it hit her knee, then stayed there. She didn't move, didn't even bother to acknowledge it was there... just kept on crying and staying  huddled over the circle shaped pile of ashes. I breathe a curse under my breath, then break off another, this time throwing it hard enough to smack into her side, it made a small thump as i wished i hadn't thrown it that hard. But, to my own surprise, it finally knocked her out of her sobbing huddled crouch, as she snapped her head to the direction of the small piece of meat.. i'd never seen a child so scared of a hotdog before in my life. I saw her immediately jumped to her feet, eyeing the chunk of hotdog in fear yet, slight curiosity..

  In my own mind i kinda wanted to giggle but...that would be pretty rude of me so i stayed quiet as the child finally picked up the piece, first just staring at it, then smelling it, and finally popping it into her mouth. Then, i saw her eyeing the clearing..She wanted more, it wasn't long till she found the one that was at her knee, quickly eating that one as well..I grinned to myself a little bit, watching as she found the third piece quickly gobbling it up as well, i wouldn't doubt she was starving, though it slightly concerned me she never really thought when she ate them...oh well....I know i wouldn't be the one to poison food...In a quick throw i begin to toss more pieces into the snow..

  At first, it took awhile to find the forth piece, but once she did it was gone to, followed by the other pieces i tossed over, eventually i made a small trail where the trail ended to where i was....It was risky but, i had to give a shot.....at least a shot..  Even if i full well knew what was to happen..