Chapter 6

Shay's POV

Luke and I chatted quietly while we made our way across the court yard in front of the school.

"But like haha how do you not know the-" Luke laughed but was rudely cut off by..... Well what do you know? It's Zoe and Nicole.

"Hahaha Luke you're soooo funny haha." Zoe laughed, but it was an obvious fake laugh. She had no clue what we were even talking about.

"Uhm hi Zoe, Nicole." Luke awkwardly replied while scratching behind his ear.

"Heyy Lukey poo, how you doin'?" Nicole giggled. What the fuck is a 'Lukey poo'? I turned away and watched as other students passed by. Boredom written across their faces. I don't blame them.

"I'm doing good. How about you guys?" Luke asks politely. I can feel his eyes on the back of my head, but I can also feel Zoe's and Nicole's piercing eyes. I turn back around and find all of their eyes on me. I shrug and squint my eyes at them. What are they looking at?

"Uhm can I help y-" Zoe cuts off my question and looks back at Luke with a pouty face.

"Lukey poo, why are you even hanging around the she devil? Come and hang with us." She grins and takes his hand in hers. He tries to take it back but the bell signaling first period goes off, and she runs, practically drags, Luke to class.

I guess I'm on my own again. I'm used to it anyway, so what's the difference?

I walk quickly to Biology not wanting to be late. When I opened up the wooden brown door, I expected to see Luke because on the first day he said we had all the same classes. But I looked around while I walked to the back of class to my usual seat next to the window in the corner, Luke wasn't in here.

What the hell? Wait, why do I care? I'm usually alone, so it's okay, and I'll see him at lunch. Taking out my blue spiral notebook, I shrug it off and start scribbling down the notes from the dirty chalkboard.

*Skipping to Lunch*

The three classes this morning went by quickly, but now was when all of the students in my grade, sat down and socialized. I always hated lunch. I don't eat anything, or socialize so what's the need for me to be here?

I make my way to the red round lunch table in the farthest corner from the doors; my usual spot. Ha if Luke isn't here, he can't make me eat lunch. I sit down and look around, not expecting anything really.

I take out my phone to play a game, and tune out all the chatter near me.

"Hi sorry Shay." I jump from my seat, the voice coming out from nowhere scared the shit out of me. And I see Luke sat down on the seat next to mine.

"It's okay." I simply reply while slipping my phone back into the sweatpants pocket. I sit back down next to him and stare down at the tables surface.

"You alright?" Luke questions as he rests his left arm around my shoulders. I don't move but I sigh and shake my head.

"Well.. If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here. Oh yeah! You're supposed to eat lunch because you didn't eat breakfast! One second." He runs back to the lunch line and buys something that I can't see from here. After he pays, I see him fast walking back to the table we're sharing, and he has a huge smile on his face. Once he makes it back, he gently places the tray on the table in front of me.

"Well come on now, eat." He says nudging the tray closer to me.

"No, sorry not hungry." I push the tray back towards him and he frowns.

"Well looks like I'll have to feed you myself." He laughs, and then picks up the chicken sandwich ripping it into smaller pieces. I smile but quickly close my mouth when he tries to force the food into my mouth.

"Here comes the choo choo train!" He makes train noises and tries to get the food into my mouth. I tightened my jaw so he can't get it in there. He pouts so his bottom lip is sticking out making him look even more adorable.

"How about.. Here comes the race car! Vroom vroom!" This time I laugh at his silliness and he manages to get the food in my mouth.

"Oh no you don't!" He puts his large hand on my mouth closing it shut, and his other hand on the back of my head so I can't squirm away.

"Chew." Luke demands and I obliged. I roll my eyes and he laughs, and I notice his eyes brighten and turn to a light sky blue when he laughs. His teeth are pearly white and straight. His blonde fluffy hair bounces slightly as he laughs. He looks absolutely adorable.

I widen my eyes at the realization that I may actually have feelings for someone for the first time. I panic and swallow.

"Good girl." Luke coos and he hugs me with his large arms.

"I know it's hard for you to eat something. I just don't want you to get sick. Thank you for eating." He whispers and runs my back.

Closing my eyes, I wrap my smaller arms around his body. I can't manage to reach my arms all the way around him, but it still feels comforting. Butterflies erupt from the pit of my stomach, and electricity flows through my body as we hold each other. My eyes snap back open. Oh my god.

I like Luke!

Sorry this was crappy lol. Hm so what do you think about Shay liking Luke? Do you think they should be together? Do you think Luke likes her too? Any thoughts on the story so far? Thanks for reading, love ya! xx