Chapter 4

Shay's POV

"Shay!"

I'm completely frozen and just staring into mid space. I'm scared as all hell. I debate whether I should make a run for the town, or stay and turn around to discover who the voice belongs to.

But before I could run, I feel a strong grip on my shoulder and I'm swung around to face the stranger. Pure horror takes over my body when I see the man who's abused me for the past ten years stand right in front of me in the dark. I shiver as I stare back at him, watching, waiting for him to either hit me or scream.

"What the fuck are you doing out here?!" He screams at my face as I try not to cry; not in sadness but in fear. I stare into his cold dark brown eyes. I know he's not looking for an answer, he just wants to yell at me so I stay quiet.

"Well? Are you going to fucking answer me? Or you just gonna stand there like a stupid bitch you are?" As he finishes his sentence, he grips my shoulder harder and throws a punch at my right eye. Waves of pain go through my body, and I try to hold back the tears that are escaping on my newly bruised eye that's swelling.

I let out a loud shriek then my hands fly up to my eye covering it. My whole body is trembling but I can't do anything about it. My brain is still in shock that he has found me out here.

He goes for another swing as I stand there without anything to defend myself with. But before his fist connects with my face, someone grabs his arm and pushes him back.

"What do you think you're doing touching her?!" The new stranger yells, but I recognize that voice.... Holy shit, it's Luke!

I turn around, still covering my eye with my hands, to see Luke standing there with his fists clenched tightly and his jaw tightened and locked. If looks could kill, my father would be six feet under, or even deeper.

I widen my eyes as I see the boy who I vented to, stand there defending me. Is he actually there? Or am I just seeing things?

Never in my seventeen years has anyone ever do that. I'm grateful but also terrified for Luke's sake, he has no idea what he has gotten himself into.

"Who the fuck are you?" My father says as he stands up looking extremely pissed off at Luke. I stumble back on my heels of my vans and I feel like I'm going to pass out. I can tell my anxiety is building up quickly; scared that my father will harm Luke.

Everything is closing in and I feel claustrophobic. I feel like there's weights crushing my lungs, and there's a painful pounding in my head. My eye is throbbing and probably is completely swollen. I gasp for air when the outside world starts spinning and the next thing I feel is hitting the ground.

Then darkness.

Sorry this chapter sucked :/ will be double updating though because it's Friday :) thanks for reading! xx