Chapter 9

Shay's POV

"You ready?" Luke asks as he swings open his bedroom door with a huge goofy grin. I nod and he quickly takes my bag and sets it down on his bed, then takes my hand in his and rushes down the stairs.

"Bye mum we're going places." Luke waves Mrs. Hemmings off and she looks up and nods before going back to cleaning the dishes.

We quickly walk down the stone steps and he leads me to a black jeep in the driveway. He walks me to the passenger side and opens the door up.

"Here you go malady." He helps me up and into the car with us giggling like idiots. He jogs in front of the Jeep and gets into the drivers seat.

"Woo off to have some fun." Luke says and backs out of the driveway, and drives down the road.

"Now, where have you planned on taking us?" I question and fiddle with the loose string on my shorts.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." He looks down at me and sticks his tongue out, then looks back on at the road.

"Hmm okay fine." I look out the clear glass window watching as the trees went by, making their green leaves look like a big blur. It's a beautiful sunny day, and it's extremely warm.

After fifteen minutes of silence, we pull up to a green, flowered cover meadow. I saw as the colors came to life when a flock of birds flew out of the long tall grass near the tall trees. I look to my right to see that Luke has opened up the door for me and he's patiently waiting for me to step outside. I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt and step out with the help of Luke.

"Cool isn't it?" He asked and then intertwines our fingers.

"It's beautiful actually." I state; looking around some more to spot a lake a few yards away. The water was surprisingly clearer than most lakes.

"I hope you don't mind getting wet!" Without me realizing, Luke propped me up on his shoulder and started to run towards the water.

"Oh my god Luke! No! Stop it! Don't you dare!" I yelled and squirmed in his arms trying to get away. All I could hear was the roar of his laughter and felt the vibrating of his chest as he carried me towards the lake.

"Up you go!" I scream and plug my nose as Luke lets go of my body and I come in to contact with the clear water. I feel as I'm frozen in time as I recollect myself and reach through the water to the surface. I whip my hair out of my face once I break its surface and gasp for air. I expect to hear Luke's laughter but it's dead silent.

But I let out a scream when two arms reach out from the water and pull them down with them.

I open my eyes to see Luke smiling at me under the water. We just stare into each others eyes, taking in each an every little detail.

He has the most beautiful blue ocean colored eyes. His cute little dimple when he smiles is adorable and couldn't help but make you smile. His full pink lips are also very cute, especially when he pouts. I know I shouldn't think of him this way. But I don't know anymore. I think I should just lock these feelings away in a box and not touch them. Ever.

He stares down at my lips then to my eyes and repeats several times more. He takes his lip under his teeth and I can tell he's deciding on whether he should kiss me or not. I panic as he closes his eyes and leans in. Quickly, I let go of him and swim towards the surface. I wipe the water out of my eyes and cough some up.

Soon after he comes back up and he looks completely embarrassed. He probably realized what he almost did.

"Oh sorry, I was loosing air." I make up an excuse and look away.

"Ah nah it's fine." He scratches the back of his ear; I've soon found that, that's what he usually does when he's nervous. I smile and nod.

"Well we still have to do a few more things. Let's head out of the water." Luke suggests and starts to move through the water to the sand. I follow and in no time we're out of the water and attempt to dry off.

"Alright let's go." Luke smiles and takes me hand again then runs back to the car.

"Haha where to now?"

"Shh, now put this blindfold on."

Sorry for taking so long :( I've been busy I'm sorry :( but thank you for so many reads! And voted! I really appreciate it :) now who are some o your favorite bands? Mine are One direction, 5SOS, Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, Boys Like Girls + more :)