6. Theft ~Lily~

"It's 11:00 o'clock, Lily," Mother said.

I had been laying down staring at the ceiling for the past hour. Jessie was getting dressed in her nightgown in the closet.

"I'll be getting to bed," I said.

Mother cast one last look around the room. "Okay, Lily. You know, you don't have to share a room with your sister anymore," she said.

I knew that. There were so many rooms in the house. I had taken to exploring some, but they all felt 

empty. Sterile. Clean. Just like Ella felt. Perfect. Almost too perfect. I needed someone to be with, especially if that person was my sister.

"I'll stay here, Mom," I replied.

She must have understood. She and Angus slept in different rooms. I felt like their marriage wasn't based on love. Not money either — I knew that all too well.

Once the door closed, Jessie came out and wordlessly climbed into bed. We turned off the lights.

I was jarred awake in the middle of the night by a crash. I sat upright in bed and saw shards of broken glass on the floor. A person dressed in black stood by the door with a cold look in their eyes. Jessie's eyes were wide as she sat paralyzed in her bed.

The person put their finger to their lips in a gesture of silence, then brought it across her throat in a swift movement. The person swung the door open and crept into the house, silent as a mouse.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, it's me again, I hope it's not too long and boring because I did spend a lot of time on it, if  you like it, please comment, vote and follow. CYA!

xox Dinithi

Brad Pitt as the king, Liam's father :)