Chapter Five

A month passed by and we were in Russia. Queen Amelia decided to back us while the Goblins used a pretext to delaying them becoming neutral. Not only that but the Goblins would also supply us with soldiers. We were in the middle of a civil war and because I was the rightful Heir, I met their requirements for troops and resources. Professor Curt and his wife were staying with us. The Master Shaman was also here. They had not been in the slightest bit surprised to find out that I was Brielle and Aaron's daughter.

"are you sure?" I asked them again. We were seated in a meeting. Byron was seated to my left with Dr. Nan next to him. Ezra was to my right and Thomas was next to him. Amelia was seated at the head of the table with Taron standing next to her. The Goblin Minister, Mr. Henri and Henri were across from us.

"Of course. Why do you doubt it?" Professor Curt was amused me. I had asked him three times. I was getting ready to ask again. "Your mother came to us and asked for help."

"Your father." the Master Shaman turned to the Minister and Mr. Henri. "Also agreed to help her."

"My father?" the Minister turned to Mr. Henri. They were brothers. Henri was the Minister's Nephew.

"Brielle helped him out of a tight spot just like she did for all of us and she asked us to help her. We agreed."

"The Counsel of Three is the only one that acknowledges the existence of Heir. If she told you, it would be invalidated." Thomas told them. I was just as surprised. She had found a loophole.

"She didn't tell us." Professor Curt answered with a smile and a small shrug. "In fact all she did was ask that we help her. She might have been about to give birth but she had every right to be concerned given everything that is going on."

"Then how the hell is Langston spreading that you were the Heir?" Thomas sounded exasperated. "Anika knew. They tried to kill her."

"I don't know." The Master Shamans shrugged at him but he smiled at me. "Your mother was the fiercest and a wonderful woman. I'm glad to finally pay her back. Anything you need Iris you can ask for it."

"Sir, you've helped me multiple times. Both of you have. I should be repaying you instead." The Master Shaman and his Healers had helped me when I had gotten cursed and almost died months ago. Professor Curt had helped me overcome my PTSD after I had been tortured by Charles.

Now things were even clearer. I should have questioned the fact that they had always helped without asking any questions.

"Iris whatever you need, you have it." the Master Shaman told me again. Professor Curt nodded. Brielle must have helped them out in a big way for them to continue to help me.

"Thank you." I smiled gratefully at the both of them. "I appreciate it."

"If I may make a suggestion" Professor Curt turned to Dr. Nan who hadn't said anything. "Iris will not be able to hold against a fight with Andrea or Anika. Their power is growing by the day. You've got to train her and improve her abilities."

"I agree." Dr. Nan cleared his throat sitting up. "Your Highness." He bowed his head to Queen Amelia who perked up. Ezra and Thomas laughed.

"I agree." She nodded enthusiastically before Dr. Nan could even ask. She looked so happy to be involved. "I would like to help Iris. Taron could join us and Mr. Curt you are more than welcome to help too. She has the magical abilities of a ten year old" I scowled rather offended.

Ares and Eos both chirped in laughter.

"Great." Dr. Nan nodded putting his hands together. "I will be joining the Guardians so we can prepare our Guard."