Chapter Fifteen

Within a few hours, I was at Henri's house getting ready. The Master Shaman had given me the bridal chain to wear and Amelia had sent a gown for me to wear. I was almost ready when there was knock at the door.

"Come in." I called as I slipped on the bridal chain around my shoulders. In the mirror, I could see King Darrio. "Come in."

"Do you have a chaperone in here?" he asked me. He was wearing a green military uniform. His hair had been cut and his face was clean-shaven. He was a very handsome man.

"Yes she does." Carlain appeared. She was wearing long robes and a bright headband. I almost ran towards her but she smiled at me and I stayed in my spot.

"I would like to have a word with you." He entered the room as soon as Carlain was inside. In his hand was a small box.

Uh-Oh.

"I have spoken with Franklin and Viktor." he smiled widely at me and I almost forgot about what he was about to do.

"Darrio, I-" I cleared my throat. Carlain was surprisingly quiet which was unlike her. "I-oh god. Darrio." He opened up the small box and inside was a pendant in the shape of a bird. I sighed at my own foolishness.

"My people are earth lovers, Your Grace. We are calm and would like nothing more than peace. I offer my allegiance to you." He lifted up the pendant. "You've got a kind heart and that is rare to find nowadays. It is a sparrow and it represents protection. I will protect you as I hope your people will do the same for mine."

"Thank you." I told him holding out my palm. He placed the little box in my hand. "It means a lot."

"You've got a big heart, Iris. I can see that it is suffering too. Your heart is taken by someone else."

"Well-" I cleared my throat not wanting to discuss my private life with him.

"I won't press you but you should open your heart up more. If he truly loved you he wouldn't have left you." He took my hand and kissed it. "I will leave you now. See you in a few hours."

He bowed to us and left.

"I like him. I thought he was about to propose." Carlain burst out laughing. I nodded sighing. I placed the little sparrow pendant on the dresser.

"Me too. He looks like a good guy. Ezra likes him and he isn't wrong about people." I turned back to the mirror. "I'm glad you are here."

"You could use some company." She swept some loose strands from my face. She sat me down and finished helping me with my makeup. "And we are so excited about your Naming Ceremony. Are you feeling overwhelmed?"

I liked that she knew me so well that I didn't have to hide my feelings. I nodded at her as she brushed my face with a giant brush.

"That's normal. You'll make a good Queen."

"How do you know?" I mumbled, she put down the brush and adjusted the bridal chain.

"It was foreseen by one of the Masters. She saw that you would bring peace to us all and your son will inherit it." she made me stand up. She smoothed out my dress.

"My son?" I frowned at her. So I did end up getting married and having a kid. I hoped that was years away.

"Yes your son." She smiled brightly at me. "I can imagine he'll look like your father. Your father was a very handsome man. We had a small thing together over a summer."

"Don't tell me, please." I cringed not wanting her to continue. "That is not something I need to hear."

"I won't go into details." Carlain laughed at me. "We just have to get you to your throne and you'll take care of the rest."