Interview (18)

Chapter 18

*Ciara's POV*

"How did the interview go?" I ask the boys as they walk through the door. They weren't pepped up like the they normally were, they seemed annoyed. Jordan drove me home- or back to Louis' and Harry's flat. During the car ride, that's when she started to talk to me about them. There wasn't much to say though, only about how they're very kind for letting Mason and I stay with them, other than that there was practically nothing.

"They only kept talking about you," Louis answers.

"What? Me?" I'm taken back by his sharp response.

"So, Harry, who is this girl you were seen with? How old is she? Is that her child? How did you guys meet? Are you two dating? Why does she have bruises on her body? I never wanted to strangle somebody so badly." Louis rolls his eyes. "They spent a good five minutes talking about you, the interview was only fifteen minutes long."

"Harry, what did you say when they asked you all these questions?" I turn to him, embarrassed. I can't imagine the things Harry said in return to all their questions.

"Nothing." He replies simply before sticking the straw from his drink into his mouth and sucking loudly. I can tell they're both annoyed, I wonder if they're mad at me for interfering with everything going on.

"No. Tell her what you did, Harry." Louis snippily says to him. Harry lets out a frustrated breath and shakes his head greedily, the two of them obviously aren't on good terms right now.

And who or what is the cause of that? Me, of course.

"Harry..." I say uneasily, my stomach beginning to get queasy. There's hundreds of thoughts running though my mind, I try to shut them out and only focus on the words coming out of Harry's mouth.

"All I did was leave. It's not that big of a deal, Ciara. I don't know why Louis is making such a big fuss out of it, because we have other issues to deal with other than a fucking interview." Harry says to me as if Louis wasn't standing right next to him. I know he said it more to remind Louis about what's happening at the moment, than to cause him to get more angry. I swallow nervously, neither of them should have gotten into the middle of this catastrophe, but with Harry being Mason's father and all... I don't think he could of not gotten into the middle of this.

"Seems you forgot to mention about how you flipped off some fans?" Louis' sarcastic tone can't come close to matching Harry's aggravated tone.

"Maybe because they wouldn't stop nagging at me about her and calling her names? How come you didn't stick up for Ciara? She's your friend too!" Harry hollers, standing up from his seat and throwing his drink on the ground. I watch as the Pepsi lands on the ground and splatters all over, but neither Harry or Louis bother to clean it up, they're too focused on proving one another wrong.

"Can you both stop?" I stand up, pushing the two away from each other by firmly hitting their chests. "You guys probably never fought before I came long. I shouldn't even be here. I should just go, I don't belong with you guys." I begin to make my way into the bedroom to gather my belongings and Mason who's asleep. I feel like I'm ruining a perfect friendship, it's a horrible feeling to feel.

"See what you did?" I hear Louis mumble to Harry but Harry was already next to me grabbing my arm.

"Don't go," Harry pleas. I move my arm, trying to break free of his hold but when I look into his eyes, I practically melt underneath his warm touch. "For one, you have no where else to go, and for two, Louis and I want you to be here. We want both you and Mason here, with us, safe." He gently guides me away from the hall and onto the couch to sit down.