Two Months Later (37)

Chapter 37

*Ciara's POV*

2 Months Later

And I guess Harry was right that day at the hospital, the pain does descrease as time goes on, or maybe I've just made room for it. It's been 2 months since the last day Jordan has walked this earth, and I've gotten to the point where it's not always this constant aching feeling in my gut. I miss her more than anyone will ever know and I always will, but I just try to think about all the good times we shared together.

Jordan's funeral was of course one of the saddest moments in my entire life, but I felt as if she was right there sitting next to me the whole time. I feel like she's here with me everyday, watching over Mason and I. I seem to find myself wondering often where you go when you die. I'm a big believer in God, and so was Jordan, but is there really a heaven? It seems too far fetched to me.

A lot has changed in the last 2 months, I've been living with Mason and Harry in our new flat. We figured it would be safe to move considering Mike is locked behind bars. Which may be the biggest relief ever. In his trial for Jordan's murder, he was of course found guilty and was sentenced to jail for the rest of his life.

Seeing Mike at court made my stomach turn upside down. The entire time, his focus was on me. He would just watch me and stare, making me feel more uncomfortable than I've ever felt before. The judge had to call back his attention at least more than five times, and even then, he'd sneak a look at me.

I wouldn't have gone there if it was a trial for anybody else, I went only for Jordan. I know Jordan would have wanted me to stick up for myself, and going there and ignoring him did just that. Harry sat next to me the entire time, holding my hand and giving me a squeeze whenever he felt my hands begin to tremble. Harry has been my rock through out all of this, without him I would have given up long ago.

When Mike was found guilty and taken away, I don't think I have ever been more happy. Mike is gone and out of my life forever, but I'm still wondering why Jordan had to die in order for us to be safe. Jordan should still be here, because more than not I'm just lonely, reguardless if I'm with Harry or not.

I always find myself doing something that causes me to want and tell Jordan afterwards, and then I get sad again. All I want to do is tell her everything that's happened since she's been gone, but maybe, she knew about the events before even I did.

I close my eyes, I shouldn't be thinking about any of this right now. I'm at Niall's birthday dinner, along with so many other people I've learned to enjoy being around. We were at a restaurant with a really long name, it must be something Italian because the menu is filled with mostly pizza and spaghetti.

Louis is sitting on the opposite side of Mason, claiming how he's missed him so much since he's moved out and found his own place. I sit next to Harry, who has his hand secured firmly on my upper leg, which is something he always seems to do.

"What are you getting, my love?" Harry asks while taking a skim through the menu.

"Chicken Alfredo, I think I'll just share it with Mase or something." I decide, taking a sip from my glass of water.

Harry takes my glass from me, replacing it with his drink. "Try this," he smiles cheekily.

"What is it?" I observe the drink, it had a constant flow of bubbles floating to the top so I knew it was some kind of alcohol. I take a simple whiff of it and it gave off a strong scent of liquor.

"I don't know, Zayn ordered it for me, but it's good!" He nods, encouraging me to take a sip. I take a small sample and must have made a sour face because Harry starts to laugh at me. "Maybe another time," he says in between laughs, handing me my water back.