Chapter 3

Dean's POV:
We drove back to Maddison's place and left the car in her shed so it didn't get damaged then walked back to Claire's house. "So how have you been living on your own all these years," Sam asked Maddison.
"With great difficulty it hard not having friends around often. A few hunters would come through and stay at my house. But other than that all I really have is my plants to keep me company."
"Wouldn't that send you a bit crazy after a while?"
"Sometimes I thought I was going crazy. Come this way." Maddison led us through the trees until we came to a narrow path. "Where are we going?" I asked.
"To the back of Claire's place I don't fancy someone seeing us walking up to her house they already know that you are around me. That's why I also told you to hide the car," Maddison said.
"Maddie why does everyone hate you," Sam asked. She sighed.
"It's because I didn't stop my brother even though all the adults knew what he was doing including me. They all threatened to kill him if I didn't. When I never did and more children went missing they almost killed me as well, but....." She paused and didn't finish the sentence.
"But...what?" I said.
"I did something I really regret but because everyone here hates the police I didn't get caught for it." She killed someone, I didn't like Maddison from the start this didn't make me like her anymore.

Sam's POV:
We came out of the woods and into the back of Claire's yard. Claire let us in and said that Tom was sleeping we had came late at night and Claire made sure that he was still there. Maddie didn't come inside. "I'll go around the street and see if it's anyone else or if there is someone prowling around." I could see that Dean didn't agree with her being on her own.
"I'm coming with you," he said without hesitation.
"Seriously I'm not the one taking the kids. I killed my brother who was doing it before, do you really think I'd do it," Maddie said quite annoyed. Dean looked very angry at her with crossed arms. They stared at each other for a while. "Fine, but if I prove you wrong and a kid goes missing tonight yet you are with me the whole time then you have to stop hating me. Because your doing it on rumours not facts," Maddie said walking away and Dean followed. I shut the door and turned around to Claire, she had a confused look on her face. "My brother doesn't exactly like Maddie at the moment and doesn't trust her but he will warm up."
"Well Maddie is a fighter as well so if one of them ends up dead tomorrow morning don't be surprised." I shrugged.
"I'm sure they won't kill each other."
"I wouldn't count on it."

Maddie's POV:
Dean and I were walking down the dark street because we had no street lamps and basically no one went out after 9 except for in their own backyards which even then they rarely did. I had a really bad feeling about something and turned around back to Claire's house and saw a shadowy figure jumping out of Tom's window. I tapped Dean and he saw it too. "Should we follow it?" He asked.
"We should get off the road is what firstly." I went around the front of a house avoiding the windows. I saw the shadowy figure come out onto the road and go into the backyard of a house. Dean and I went up to it. I jumped the fence with ease and he followed shortly after. He had his gun out and I was ready to grab my knife. I went around the back sticking to the darkness and saw the figure climb up the house to a second floor window. I didn't climb up after it. It would look really bad if I went up there and the figure disappeared and then the parents came into the room. The figure then climbed back down and a few minutes later the door opened and a young girl had to be only 6 or 7 walked out. I felt Dean move closer to me and put my hand on his chest. I could feel his heart beat, it seemed to be beating fast but surely doing this job basically his whole life he wouldn't be afraid, then again it's still scary sometimes. The figure moved and out the back gate.

We followed the figure closely all the way to an abandoned warehouse in the middle of the woods. I saw the figure walk inside with the little girl. She didn't seem in a trance especially because she was asking about the party and why she couldn't here any music playing or see the clowns. The door shut and Dean and I snuck up to it and found it was locked from the inside. "Why don't we just break it down?" He said in a whisper.
"Really Dean, a warehouse door a massive one that is large enough to let trucks in with shipping containers yeah let's just break it down."
"Shut up." I took a step back and saw a broken window. I looked at a tree that seemed to be slightly bent and it was just the right distance for me to climb up and jump from to the tree. "I can get inside via the tree to the window," I said.
"And once your inside what if the thing is waiting for us?"
"If the branch doesn't break you climb up and jump too." He looked at the tree and made a face then nodded. I climbed the tree and jumped just making to to the window. There was no glass around it, it had just been completely smashed, or cleaned up by someone. Dean then climbed up the tree too. I thought he would be fine so moved out the way a little keeping an eye on the warehouse. We were in a little room with the door shut and no windows at the door so we were safe for now. I looked back out to Dean and he looked very uneasy climbing across. The tree creaked and groaned. It made a slight cracking noise but it didn't look like Dean heard it. He came to the edge of the branch and got ready to jump I stayed right next to the window ready to grab him. He was heavier than me and I only just made it and the tree seems like it would only give one more jump, maybe not even that. Dean got ready to jump and the tree cracked again, he heard it this time. Dean hesitated then jumped causing the tree to snap a little I reached out both hands and grabbed one on his arm and the other hand he reached for. Bad idea reaching with both hands as he almost pulled me out. He then climbed up the side and into the office room. He didn't say anything but nodded.

Once inside I opened the door and it didn't creak much I was just able to get it open enough for us to get out without it creaking. We were on an upper floor which had a few offices. We walked around until we saw some cages empty but shipping containers open. Then I heard the little girl. "Where are the clowns? You said there would be clowns?" She seemed scared.
"He said that for us too. Where are the clowns Mr tell us please where are they?" It was a little boy who was in the shipping container must have been in one of the cages. "Shut up children. Or you will end up over the bridge, I'm saving you from this world. Appreciate it!" My heart seemed to skip a beat, it sounded exactly like Kyle.