Chapter 18

Maddie's POV:
Cecily followed us to the basement area where we met up with Sam who also said he didn't see it. We led Cecily into an inclosed room where it would be easier to kill the banshee. Cecily sat down on the couch in the room and admired the moon. I went and sat down beside her. "Beautiful thing the moon is," she said. I smiled. "You take care of yourself sweetie it's not every day that a hunter gets lucky like I did and gets to be as old as me." I looked at her with a smile on my face. "I just wish this banshee would hurry up already I'm done fighting now," she sighed.
"Don't ever be done fighting. I wanted to give up once just let it all go but I didn't and I met these two," I pointed to Sam and Dean. "I just wanted to end it all."
"Honey I'm old and I lived the full life that I wanted to don't worry about me." I smiled and she grabbed my hand and squeezed it then let go. Dean yelled and I got up and turned around he had his hands to his ears and was falling to the floor. I looked at Sam confused and he tried to help Dean. I spun around to the banshee almost right in my face I tried to swipe at it with my knife but it disappeared. Dean started hitting his head on the wall and I got angry. The banshee showed up again and I held out my hand and it couldn't move I threw Sam my knife. The banshee tried to get away but it couldn't. Sam then stabbed it and it screamed and went up in black smoke. Dean uncovered his ears looking a little confused. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. It was mainly to stop myself from falling to the ground my legs felt like jelly.

Dean's POV:
Maddie's grip slowly loosened from me I just thought that she was letting go but I quickly realised she was actually falling to the ground. I swiftly grabbed her up and held her bridal style as she passed out. I looked at Sam then at Cecily. She just shrugged and began walking out of the room obviously back to her own. "Why did the banshee go after you instead?" Sam asked.
"Honestly I don't know," I said to Sam lying. Over these past days I have been finding myself getting softer for Maddie. I feel like I have to protect her, I don't know why she is perfectly capable of doing it herself. She is almost mending me slowly.

I carried her out into the car to which she woke up a little dazed and with a massive head ache. "What the hell happened," Maddie said holding her head and sitting down in the Impala.
"You passed out," is all I said and hopped in. She lay back in the back seat and Sam shut the door on his way around.
"My head hurts so much, why," Maddie whimpered.
"There is cold beer in the back there," I said.
"That's not going to help much now is it," Maddie said sitting up.
"To put in your head not drink it," I said rolling my eyes and starting the Impala.
"I know, I'm not that stupid I was being an idiot."
"As usual," Sam says laughing. Maddie hits him in the back of the head and laughs. Sometimes I wish I could just settle down, just see Sam have a happy life with a wife and kids. I never thought that dream was even close enough for me to grab, but with Maddie maybe it isn't that far away. But as always something is going to come after us to matter what. I let out a sigh and started driving.