#7: It's Him

I sat down in my seat in front of the stage. Taemin on my right, Eunhyuk on my left. 

I sighed, "Ready?" I smiled at them. 

"Let's do this." They said excitedly. "You may let them in now." Eunhyuk said firmly. 

About a couple thousand teenagers filled the small stage. "This is going to be fun." I whispered to them. They smiled back at me. 

"Hello! I am Kai from EXO. I'm very pleased to see that you all came today to participate! We will be calling each of you one by one. You should have prepared two dances for us, one with a song of your choice and another with a song of our choosing, if need be. It will not take more than a week for you to know if you got selected or not but things happen, so please be patient.  From what I see here, about 1,500 are here today. From those 1,500 contestant we will be selecting 200. Further information will be given to those who are selected for further instructions. Good luck! Anything you guys want to say hyungs?" I looked at both Taemin and Eunhyuk. 

They shook their heads, "Do your best! Good luck to each and every one of you." I said finally, sending them off. 

"We are going to be here for a while," Taemin said softly, looking at all the papers received with their profiles. 

--- 

We walked into the waiting room. 

"Oh my god! Taemin looks even more gorgeous in person!" Xiu fangirled next to me. 

"Ew, he's old enough to be your dad." I shoved her playfully. She giggled. 

We saw many walk in and leave, the waiting room became less crowded. Many were in the corners practicing, finding any space to rehearse. 

Xiu rested her head on my shoulder, "Hey... You're not going to practice?" She said yawning. 

"No, I got this. I practiced all night with my Mom." 

She nodded, "That's awesome that your mom helps you out." 

"Yeah, she used to be a dancer. That's probably where I get my passion for dance." I smiled looking at my hands. "Aren't you going to practice?" 

"In a little bit, you can help me out with my technique. Apparently, according to Uncle Swings i'm not sharp enough. But, what does he know? All he does is rap." She rolled her eyes. I laughed. 

"Oh Hello, mind taking a picture with me?" A girl came up to me, She's cute. 

"Uhm, Yes?" I said getting up lifting Xiu from my shoulder. 

"Is she your girlfriend?" She raised a brow looking at Xiu. 

I chuckled, "She's a friend." 

"Oh, okay. Perfect. You look just like Kai! Sorry, you probably get that a lot." She looked down, brushing her hair behind her ear. 

She brought herself closer, I could smell the perfume she was wearing. Her soft skin brushing up against mine, as she leaned her head in closer and brought her hand up to take the picture. I smiled, the best I could. It clicked. 

She reviewed it, "Oh my gosh! You have Kai's smirk. It's sexy. Thank you!" She bowed and left. 

"Weirdo." Xiu said under her breath. 

"Jealous?" I laughed. 

"You wish." She rolled her eyes, "Help me practice." 

-- 

"Contestant 268!" 

A boy walked onto the stage, he bowed. "Hello, I am Lee Tae Yong from Seoul."

I stared at him for a long time. Taemin cleared his throat, "Says here you have a nickname?" He smiled at him, "Mind explaining it?" 

"Oh uhm, yes. It's Etu. It means sun, like Tae. My mother always liked the name, it's my american name. Only people close to me, call me by that." He smiled widely. 

Etu... ETU?! 

We were under the night sky on the roof of my dorm. "I've always wanted to name my son, Etu." She said shyly. 

"Really?" I asked turning to my side to look at her. "Why?" 

"It's just a beautiful name, with the meaning of sun. He will always be my sunshine. IF I have a son, if I ever have children." She chuckled. 

"What if it's a girl?" I asked curiously. 

"Moon. I want to have a Sun and a Moon. They could balance each other... oh my god this sounds so dumb." She covered her face and turned her back to me. I brought myself closer and hugged her. 

"It's not dumb. It's beautiful." I kissed her cheek then her neck... then everywhere else. 

"Oh, you're American?" Eunhyuk said surprised, drawing me out of my trance. "You seem very Korean." 

"My mother is Korean-American." 

"And, your father?" Taemin asked curiously. He sensed what I did. 

"He's not in the picture." He smiled shyly. 

"Sorry, for that... Mind showing us what you prepared then?" I said abruptly, startling the rest.

 It's him.