Sports Fest

Like in most schools, your school is hosting a sports fest. Each year was to go against each other for the spirit stick. All the students have been training ever since it was announced. Well... almost all. "Hey guys, over here!" (BFF2) yelled as she waved her arms.

"What the... (BFF1), (BFF2), where did you get all those scratches?" Neon asked as she saw that (BFF1) and (BFF2) were covered in bandages.

"Don't worry about it, Neon." Said (BBF1).

"Really? It looks like you two got really hurt."

"We all did got into a little trouble on Halloween but everything's fine now." Said Killua.

"And because of these scratches, me and (BFF1) don't have to be a part of the sports fest. Thank you ghost duchess." Said (BFF2).

"Ghost duchess?" Neon said confused.

"Actually the spirit that attacked us wasn't the duchess." Said Kurapika.

"But if it wasn't the duchess. Then who was it?" Gon asked.

"After all the craziness stopped, I did a little research. The duchess had a young friend who committed suicide the same night the duchess died. The suicide note said only one sentence."

"And what was it?" You asked.

"It was, 'Why didn't she invite me'?"

"That doesn't make any sense!" Killua yelled.

"It actually does. The letter that was sent to us was ready suppose to be addressed to the hotel room the girl was staying in, but it got lost. She thought her friend didn't invite her. She committed suicide and killed her as a ghost and haunted that room until she received her invitation."

"I see..." Said (BFF1).

"Hang on, I still don't understand. What are you guys talking about? A horror movie? A scary story?" Neon said, still confused.

"Don't worry about it, Neon. You don't need to know." Said (BFF2). "So, are you going to do the sports fest?"

"Yep. I want to truly show people what I can do."

"What event did you sign up for?" Asked (BFF1).

"I think I know, the bread eating race!" Said Killua.

"Yeah. I couldn't think of anything else." Said Neon.

"You're gonna be eating a lot of bread?" Said (BFF2).

"That's not the bread eating race!" Yelled (BFF1).

"Wait... then what is?"

"The bread eating race is where they tie a string to bread and hang it above everyone's heads. The goal is to jump high enough to bite into the bread." Kurapika explained.

"Oh! Hey (F/n), what events are you gonna be doing?"

"Jumping that hurdles." You answer.

"Me and Killua are doing the relay race." Said Gon. "What are you going to do, Kurapika?"

"The hundred meter dash." He answered.

"Cool!" 'I hope I'll be able to focus and not slip up.'

It is now the day of the sport fest. You were very nervous because of how many people were there. "It is time for the hundred meter dash!" Said a teacher.

"That's you, Kurapika." Said Gon.

"Do your best!" You told him.

"Hey Kurapika, here's some advise. Just imagine yourself winning." Said (BFF2).

As Kurapika ran the dash, he just got faster and faster. And he, of course, won. "Well what do you know. That bit of advise you gave me works, (BFF2)." Said Kurapika as he walked back to us.

"Your welcome!"

"Next is the bread eating race." Said the teacher.

"Time for me to shine!" Said Neon as she went up.

"You can do it, Neon!" You yell.

"I wonder how they keep the bread on the string." Said (BFF2).

"They must use some kinda clip, or something." Said (BFF1).

"Then it will be a little hard to get them off." You said. As the teacher yelled start, Neon ran an jumped high to the sky. No one else was able to grab their bread. But Neon did, she bit hard into the bread. "She did it!"

Yet, the clip would not let go of the bread. And the pole that the strings were tied to came down. You had to cover your eyes. "Ouch, she'll feel in the morning."

"I hope this doesn't affect mine or Kurapika's paycheck."

Gon and Killua won the relay race. And it was now time for you to jump the hurdles. "Hey, (F/n)." Kurapika said before you walked off.

"Yes, what is it?"

"I've heard that timing your steps is important for hurdles."

"Steps?"

"One. Two. Three and jump."

"I get it!"

"Good luck." He gives you a kiss on the forehead, and you were off.

'One, two, three. One, two, three. One...' Bang! Went the starting gun. "Uh..." You start running. "Three, two three! One, three, huh? Um... I started with my right foot so." Bang! You had run straight through the first hurdle. "I didn't get it! That was my left foot, so.." Bang! "Three, three, three. Three, two, three!" Bang! You just stopped running. You hear everyone starting to laugh at you. 'I have to do this!' "One, two... three!" You jump over the last hurdle, but something wasn't right. 'I jumped too late.' Your foot hits the hurdle and you fall to the ground. The next thing you know is that there's a sharp pain in your leg.