The Fire

Rex's POV

Rex's POV

I sat in my room combing my doll's hair. My step mom Julia walks in the room. "Rexine, we're going out" she says. I nod and walk out of my room.

I get in the car and sit beside my brother Davin and my sister Jessica and we drove off to the store.

I shut my eyes for a bit and put my head on Davin's shoulder. He took my hand.

(Time Jump)

I heard Davin calling my name, so I woke up. We got out of the car and into the store. I go with Jessica to look around. We looked at some clothes and dolls. "Got any cash?" Jessica asks. I check my pockets and shake my head. She laughs and ruffles my hair. "Ya know I'm messing with ya right?" She asks. "Yeah" I reply.

Soon we see Davin running towards us. "Let's go" he says. We run back with him. We run out of the store and into the car.

Mom and dad get in the car and we drive back home. But when we get home, we don't see our home. Instead we see a fire, burning our house to the ground.

"Davin, go get the angel statue!" Julia orders

"Davin, go get the angel statue!" Julia orders. "No!" Dad protests. "Why?" she asks. "Because he can't go in the fire!" Dad snaps. "Fine, I'll get it" Julia decides. "And I'll go with you" dad decides. Both of them run into the house. "Are they gonna be hurt?" i ask. "i don't know little sis" Davin replies.

I start to hear screaming. Davin starts to run. "NOOOO!" Jess and i cry. I grab his hand. "Don't" i insist. "they're in there and they could be hurt" he replies. I was still holding his hand but it slid out of my hand. H ran into the house. Jess called 911.

the fire department showed up and so did the paramedics. My parents bodies were lying in the house. and so was Davin's. Jess starts to do CPR. Nothing works. I do the same with Julia and dad. Nothing.

The paramedics push us aside. "Are they dead?" we ask. "I think so" he replies. The push all three into the back of the truck. "Well, our parents and brother are dead and our house burned to the ground" Jess recaps. I felt tears sparkling in my eyes. "hey, it's gonna be okay" Jess points out.

The firemen comes out of the house holding a candle. "This candle was left on the couch and it started the fire" he informed us. Jess and i turn and face each other. "Julia" we say. "Our step mom left that candle on the couch today" i point out. "Well she's dead so she isn't in trouble i guess" he says. "Well we can't have a ten year old and a six year old staying in a house all alone so is there anyone you can stay with until we can send you to an orphanage?" the fireman asks. "Well we have a friend named Peter who lives with his mom" Jess says. "Okay, i'll drive you" he decides.

We get in his truck and we drive off.

Hey raccoons, Leia here. YASSS!!!!!! Call me Rex prequel is HERE! I am happy to be doing this for you guys but i won't be updating every single day due to the fact that i have several books i'm still writing and i'm also really busy.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, check out my other works and give me suggestions for this book, other books i'm writing or books that you want me to write in the future.

C u later raccoons! luv leiakatniss21

PS: Happy National Ice Cream day!