First Mission

AN/: i may or not change this in the other books but Rex's electric sword is a katana blade so i might change it to electric katana

Four years Later(So Rex is now ten and Peter is now fourteen)

Rex's POV

I was punching the crap out of a punching bag. After four years of not knowing what i was doing, i was one of the best trainees/sparing partners/fighters on the Ravager ship. Peter is pretty good but not my level good.

Today was the day i was finally getting used to my weapon of choice. A katana blade that has electricity. I call it an or an electric katana. I used to play with pretend swords with my siblings and Peter all the time but this was a real sword. that could project electricity like a Pikachu.

I took off my boxing wraps and grabbed my katana. I walked up to a dummy and started to use some of my moves. I throw in a few kicks and i end up cutting off the dummy's head after.

Peter walks in right at that moment. "Impressive" he points out with a smirk. I giggle. "thanks" i reply. "So what's your weapon of choice?" i ask. he pulls out guns that are similar to his old toy guns. "Those are awesome" i point out. "i know right?" he says. "he also gave me a mask that i can use in space" he points out. He presses an ear piece and an awesome mask covers his face.

We start to burst into laughter. Soon Yondu walks in and we stand attended. "So i have thrilling news for the two of you" Yondu points out. "you both will be going on your first mission to a planet called Callvad to steal an ancient artifact" Yondu says. "So we'll be going together?" i ask. Yondu nods. "Suit up" he orders.

I run back to my room with my katana in hand. I look through my drawers and pull out a pair of skinny jeans, a grey top and a red ravager jacket. I slip all of those on then slip on a pair of black knee high boots. I pull my hair out of a ponytail and comb it. I rearrange it and grabbed a pouch for my katana. I also grabbed my backpack and put some gadgets inside. I was ready.

I was about to walk out of my room. I stop on my way out. I grab my Walkmen and then walk out of my room.

Peter was suited up. he had leather pants, knee high boots and a red Ravager jacket with a grey shirt and his mask. He also had his Walkmen. he had a backpack as well.

"So did Yondu give you the coordinates?" he asks. "No, i was hoping he'd give them to you" i reply. "Quill, Rexy" I hear. We turn around and see Yondu with an orange and blue ship.

"Who's is that?" i ask. "that's Quill's, you'l get your own sooner or later Rexy" Yondu replies. We ran inside and looked around. It was awesome. "Ya calling her anything?" i ask. "I'm thinking, the Milano" he replies. I nodded at the name.

Yondu handed us the coordinates. "Do you know how do fly a ship?" i ask. "Yondu gave me training" he replies. He walked over to the cockpit and we took off.

I sat down at one of the tables. I got bored. I pulled out a scrap notebook that was in my backpack and turned on my Walkmen. I waited for something to come to me and song lyrics filled my head. I started too write it down and create my own lyrics.

This is an anthem for the homesick, for the beaten,

The lost, the broke, the defeated.

A song for the heartsick, for the standbys,

Living life in the shadow of a goodbye.

Do you remember when we learned how to fly?

We'd play make-believe; we were young and had time on our side.

You're stuck on the ground,

Got lost, can't be found.

Just remember that you're still alive.

I was about to write more but i fell asleep.

(Time Jump)

i woke up to Peter screaming, "we're here." i grabbed my katana as he landed the ship. I was about to get off the ship but he took my hand. he spend me around and had me dipped. He put a lock of my hair behind my ear and placed an ear piece in it. "So you can breathe, and so you can talk to me" he points out. I smile and blush.

To be honest, for a long time, i have seen Peter as my best friend but now, i feel like i may feel something more for him. and maybe he could feel the same way for me.

I pressed the ear piece and a mask surrounded my face.(the mask was never in outfit collage but it is there).

We walked around the planet. "Would you know where the artifact is?" i ask. "Well, it's ahead in an old cave" he replies. we walk forward.

We walk into a cave and there stood a knife. It was a fancy knife and it seems like something Yondu would want.

I walked up to it but before i could touch it, Peter grabbed my hand again and twirled me. "Why shouldn't i touch it?"i ask. "because, it could be dangerous" he points out. He pushes me behind him.

He throws out a bullet and there is a shield grading the knife. I pull out a gadget and threw it at the knife. it was a gadget that could remove something from any shield. the knife landed in my hand. That sounded off an alarm of some kind and someone stepped out of the shadows.

This guy had red hair and green eyes and in a black jumpsuit. he was also holding a katana. I pull out my electric katana. "Peter, get it to the Milano" i order. "But-" he protests. "I can handle myself, i am young, but i cam handle it" i say. Peter runs out of the cave.

I slash at him but he blocks my attack. "Young girl, defending her boyfriend" the big cooed. i blush. "he's not my boyfriend!" i snap. "you're blushing" he points out. I growl in anger and kick him. H grabs my leg and flips me. he stares at the Ravager patch on the side of my jacket, "a young female ravager, something i never thought i'd see" he points out. "Kar would like to meet a girl like you" he points out.

I throw a punch and this one hits. I think of using the electricity in my sword and it comes out of the sword and knocks the boy out. I run out of the cave and onto the Milano.

hey raccoons Leia here. Yeah wasn't a great chapter but i liked writing. So yeah i'm thinking of going back in Call me Rex and Together in the Galaxy and change Electric Sword to Electric Katana since the pic i chose is a katana blade. What do you guys think about this change? It's minor but what do you think? Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, check out my other works, and give me suggestions for this book, other books and books i should do in the future.

Also, who ships Peter and Rex in this book so far? i do prefer her relationship with Rocket but this is something to prepare her for that.

C u later raccoons! luv leiakatniss21