Solo Mission

One year later

One year later

Rex's POV

I was in my room listening to my Walkmen. i was done training today and was starving. Peter was doing something on another planet and i was pretty bored.

my door slid open and that snapped me out of my trance. It was Yondu. "We need you to do something" he says. "Where's Peter?" i asked. "he's still on his mission and we were thinking of giving you a solo mission" Youdu says. "Am i ready?" i asked. "you're top of the class in training" he reminds me. "i guess i am" i decide with a smirk forming on my face.

I throw on a loose top, leather jacket, legging and boots. i rearrange my black curls and grab my electric katana. i grab my backpack and put my Walkmen in that backpack.

I walk out of my room. there was a ship waiting for me. Peter recently taught me how to fly a ship and Yondu did promise me my own ship.

i got on and Yondu was waiting for me inside. "So what's my mission?" i asked. "you'll be heading to Clarsa, where you'll be taking a gun" Yodnu informed me. He handed me a hologram of what the gun looked like. I nodded and Yondu left the ship.

I started to fly it. While doing so, i had my Walkmen on which started to make me think of me and Peter. I have started to develop a crush on Peter and i was scared that it could ruin our friendship and he is four years older than i am.

But all of those thoughts and feelings developed into a song.

I'll carry you home.

No, you're not alone.

Keep marching on,

This is worth fighting for,

You know we've all got battle scars.

You've had enough,

But just don't give up.

Stick to your guns,

You are worth fighting for.

You know we've all got battle scars.

Keep marching on.

(Time Jump)

about two hours later, i was there. i hopped off my ship. i walked forward and through lots of destroyed gravel. i heard footsteps so i started to run.

as i ran, i felt something under my foot and i tripped. i pushed my self up and i spotted a trigger in the ground. i dug through the gravel and i saw....the gun.

i grabbed it and put it into my backpack. That was easy i thought. "hey!" i heard. "it's never easy" i mumbled.

I began to run but the weight of the gun in my backpack was bringing me down. So i tripped again. the figure approached me. It was a raccoon? that was weird. But the weirder thing was the raccoon was in an orange and black jumpsuit and had a big rocket launcher on his back.

"What are you doing with that?" he demands. "With what?" i replied with a question. "With that gun! in the thing on your back?" he demands again.

"My backpack?"

"Sure."

I sighed and pulled myself up. "i was recruited to steal from you" i clear up. "Well i would like it back" he say. I start to pull out my katana. "Sure" i lie with a smirk. I take out my katana and electrocute him. he falls over. I begin to run.

I get to my ship but soon, i feel a pain on my back like someone shot me. I fall to the ground. I try to pull myself up but i don't have a lot of strength to do so. I feel someone pulling me up. It was the raccoon.

he rolled me onto my back. He started to play with my hair. I kicked him back. I was surprised because i thought i didn't have a lot of leg strength. i was limp running. but i was able to get on my ship.

I began to fly the ship.

(Time Jump)

I got back to the Ravager ship. I got out of my ship and Yondu and Peter were there. "How was the solo mission?" Peter asked. "Great, i fought i raccoon!" i exclaimed. Both gave me a weird look. "never mind" i decide.

I unzipped my backpack. the gun was still there. i hand it to Yondu. "I almost doubted you Rexy" Yodnu points out. "But why would i doubt my favourite?" he asks. "aw man" i say as he comes to hug me.

Hey Raccoons Leia here. yeah i must address the elephant in the room. I didn't update for two days but i do have a reason for this. My family and i were busy with getting ready to go on vacation. Luckily, i am on vacation now and i will be able to keep up my update schedule the same for a but because sometime next week i am going to go to a cottage and i will have no internet so not updates next week.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, check out my other works, and give me suggestions for the book, other books i am currently working on or books i should do in the future.

C u later raccoons! Luv leiakatniss21