A New Friend

Rex's POV

Rex's POV

as i went to sleep, words played in my head non stop which gave me a splitting headache.

On and on, like we're living on a broken record.

Hope is strong, but misery's a little quicker.

Sit, and we wait, and we drown there,

Thinking, "Why bother playing when it's unfair?"

They say life's a waste, I say they lack belief.

They tell me luck will travel, I tell 'em that's why I've got feet.

Left, right, left, right,

Moving along to the pulse of a heartbeat.

This could be the last chance you have to fly.

Do you like the ground? Want it to pass you by?

Man, you had it all when you were just a kid.

Do you even remember who you were back then?

What do you want in life? Will you be twice as strong?

What would you sacrifice? What are you waiting on?

Don't stop, march on.

I screamed. i shot up and eyed my cell. guards broke my cell open and grabbed my. they attached a collar to my neck and two cuffs to my arms. "What the hell are these?" i asked. "we are very well aware that you are a dangerous experiment, so the collar will make you slaves to us and if you disobey us, then it will zap you" they explained. "same goes for the cuffs" they added.

they left. i curled up into a ball. I heard voices outside. i stood up and looked out my cell door. i saw a raccoon and a tree creature being dragged by some tough guys. I found a crowbar and picked it up. i pressed a button that opened my cell door. I ran out of my cell and fallowed those guys.

i spied on them for a little bit. They beat the crap out of the both of them. "HEY!" i yelled. they turned their attention to me. i slammed the crowbar on my hand. "What do you want?" they asked. "Why are you attacking them?" i demanded them. "they owe us money" one of them said. "That's still no reason to beat the crap out of someone" i snapped.

I ran up to them and waked them in the head. one came toward me but i kicked them back. i there a punch at another guy and i took out the other prisoners with the crowbar. yeah yeah, i shouldn't be fighting because i'm pregnant but i honestly don't care.

I help the raccoon and tree creature up. "Thanks" the raccoon said. I stared at it. "you talk?" i ask. "yeah?" he replied in a confused tone. "Well raccoons normally don't talk" i point out. "What's a raccoon?" he asked. "Uh that's what you are" i said. he shook his head. "ain't no think like me 'cept me" he said. i rolled my eyes. "Anyway, don't mention it" i said.

"What's your name?" he asked. "Rexine" i said. "can i call you Rexy?" he asked. "Sure" i decided. "I'm Rocket, that's Groot" he said. I did a slight wave. "i am Groot" Groot said.

"How long have you been here?" i asked. "About a month" he replied. "What did you do?" i asked. "i attempted to kill a Nova officer" he replied. i giggled. "What about you?" he asked. "Like you, around a month and i attempted to steal a Nova helmet about a year ago" i replied. He laughed. "i was an outlaw!" i said. "yeah right" he said, still laughing. "i was a Ravager" i said.

He looked me in the eye. "really?" he asked. I nod. He walked up to me. "What's on your face?" he asked. "Markings that i don't understand. i got them when i was experimented on" i explained. "Can i see them?" he asked. I nod. I bend down.

He touches my face and closes his eye. he opens his eyes and gasps. "What?" i ask as i stand up. "I-I-I-I can read t-th-those markings" he stutters. "What do they mean?" i ask. "they mean, carrier of the stones" he said. "is that something bad?" i ask. "yes and no. No because it's just mumbo jumbo that the prophets believe and yes because it could attract the attention of someone" he replied. "If that someone is Kar, i'm gonna hurl" i say. "Well, it is" he says.

"What does she want with me?" i demand. "not sure" he said. "We better get some sleep" i suggest. "thanks again, Rexy" he said as we got going. "your welcome, Rocket."

Hey raccoons Leia here! Yay! i'm on time this week! Let's hope i can keep this up. But let's all rejoice this moment:

REX MET ROCKET!!!!!!! i was feeling so happy when i wrote this part. I absolute love the chemistry between the two! and i was even more happy when i got to create their meet scene.

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment, share, check out my other works, and give me suggestions for the book, other books i am currently working on or books i should do in the future.

C u later raccoons! Luv leiakatniss21