Mistake

One year later

One year later

Rex's POV

I felt somebody pouring cold liquid onto my face. The coldness woke me up. Once i opened my eyes, i soon realized that Yondu had poured water onto me. "What the hell?" i demanded. "you weren't waking up" he replied. I rolled my eyes and crawled out of bed.

"What's my mission today?" i asked. as i slipped my leather jacket on. "You're going to Xander to steal, from the Nova Corps" he says. My eyes widen. "S-Steal f-from the N-Nova C-Corps?" i ask. Yondu replies with a nod. "Why?" i ask.

Yondu walks over to me. He lifts up my chin. "Is our best Ravager, scared?" Yondu asks. I slap his hand off my chin and back away. "no" i respond. "goo, now get on yer ship and steal me a Nova helmet!" Yondu orders.

I sigh. I slip on some leather pants and some boots. I do my hair and put my walkmen and electric katana in my backpack.

I meet Peter on my way out. "you know you don't have to do this right?" he asks. "I can't disappoint Yondu, I'm his star Ravager and i never fail a mission for him" i remind him. "I'll be back," i say. I give him a peck on the cheek and he blushed. I blush back. I leave and head onto my ship.

(Time Jump)

I arrived at Nova headquarters. I went to a stealth mode and sneaked around the building. But i ended up getting caught. They started to shoot and when they noticed the side of my jacket, they started to shoot even more.

I managed to dodge most of the shots but i ended up getting hit in the arm. it hurt badly but i had to let it slide for now I slashed at the officers with my electric katana and kicked them back.

I ran to find the nearest laptop. I went back into stealth mode and started to make my way to a computer.

I ended up finding one. i hacked into the system to shut down the power. i also found a Nova helmet.

i started to run, using my katana as a light source. I found my way to a Nova helmet and i stuffed it into my backpack.

But soon, i came across a soldier. It wasn't part of the Nova Corps, but it looked like one i saw a couple years ago when i went on my first mission with Peter. the one that was talking about that lady, Kar.

I started to slash on this soldier. the light was close to my face. he studied my face. "i recognize you, little girl" the soldier pointed out. "from six years ago" i reminded him. I kicked him back.

he got back up and lashed out at me. I fell on the ground. he took the helmet. he looked at me. He pulled out a dagger and was about to stab me. Then he dropped the dagger. He was about to grab me by the wrist but i kicked him back. I grabbed my katana and stabbed him. I grabbed the Nova helmet and ran.

Although, the power came back on. The Nova Core had me cornered. I dropped the helmet and my katana. two Nova officers grabbed me and one put the helmet back. I kicked them back, grabbed my katana and left.

I luckily made it to my ship. I was disappointed in myself. I failed Yondu for the first time in my life. I was his trained assassin. When an assassin fails her mission, she dies.

I kept rocking back and forth and getting more and more afraid of what Yondu will do to me. I started to sing to myself.

This is a call to the soldiers, the fighters,

The young, the innocent, and righteous.

We've got a little room to grow.

Better days are near,

Hope is so much stronger than fear.

So if you jump, kid, don't be scared to fall.

We'll be kings and queens in this dream, all for one, one for all.

You can light up the dark,

There's a fire in your heart,

Burning brighter than ever before.

That kind of helped.

(Time Jump)

I finally got back. Yondu was there to greet me. A devilish smirk was on his face. My heart was pounding.

"Where's my helmet?" he demands. I gulp. "Where is my damn helmet!?" he demands a second time. I sigh. "I had it and then the Nova Core found me and took it back" i confess.

he looks at me in the eye. "You failed me?" he asks. I slightly nod. He chuckles. "my best assassin, my best Ravager, little Rexy, like a daughter to me, failed me?" he demands.

He slaps me. he continues to beat me. I try to fight back but he is stronger than me. he looks me in the eye again. He whistles and his arrow come out and he motions it up to my neck. He starts to choke me at the same time. I soon start to think this is the end. I start thinking lyrics.

I'll carry you home.

No, you're not alone.

Keep marching on,

This is worth fighting for,

You know we've all got battle scars.

You've had enough,

But just don't give up.

Stick to your guns,

I notice Peter. he was staring. I slightly whisper, "Peter."

He runs up to us. "Whoa, Yondu what the hell are you doin to her?" he demands. "She failed me and she never fails me Quill" he explains. "No reason to kill her" Peter points out. "yes it's a reason to kill her!" he snaps. I look him in the eye as Yondu continues to choke me even more. I mouth the words, let him kill me. Peter shakes his head. "I will never let you hurt a hair on her head" Peter says. "i can do whatever i want i don't give a damn about who cares!" he snaps. he starts to take out one of his guns. "Are you threatening to kill me Quill?" he asks. He motions his whistle to Peter and lets go of me. i kicks him in the head, knocking him out.

Peter smiles. i smile back. "thanks for saving me back there" i say. "No prob" Peter replies. "Some people are worth fighting for, in fact, you are worth fighting for" he says. I blush. "we all have battle scars" i say.

Peter wraps his arms around me. I wrap my arms around his neck. He leans in and kisses me. i start to kiss back.

Hey Raccoons Leia here. So school recently started. I didn't get a chance to update because i was busy with school. But here you go, a nice long chapter.

I will begin a new update schedule which now is, every Sunday and Tuesday. So every Sunday and Thursday, i will be updating Take my Hand. what are you guys thinking of this book so far? Tell me

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, check out my other works, and give me suggestions for the book, other books i am currently working on or books i should do in the future.

C u later raccoons! Luv leiakatniss21