Why Me?

I am still wiping my tears in the bathroom when I hear someone call my name. "Kacey! Kacey Laurens!" It sounds like Brandon's voice.
          "Leave me alone!" I sob.
          "Come out here! Or else I will come in! And you do not want me to come in there, do you?" I try not to smile when he says that. He's so caring. But I will not smile right now. No one can make me smile right now. I just don't understand. Out of all the people, why me? And as if my day can get any worse, it does. The bell rings.
          "Ugh!" I complain.
          "Now you will have to come out, Kacey!" Brandon exclaims. I can almost see him with an evil smile on his face.
           "I KNOW THAT!" I yell loudly. Maybe a bit too loudly.
           "Okay! I'm sorry! I was only trying to help you like you-" he stops.
           Like I what? "What?" I say aloud, frustrated. I walk towards the doorway with light steps so he won't hear me.
           "Like you... um..." I peek out the doorway to see he is now facing the wall. When he turns around, I quickly dart out of sight in time to see that his face is red. "Like you helped me!"
          "With what?!"
          "With... um... making..."
           "Just get to the freaking point!"
          "With... making Amara jealous!!" It sounds like he is making this stuff up. Seriously. Why else would it take him like ten minutes to remember one thing that just happened? But being me, I just have to believe him.
          "You mean that thing that happened outside?" I get so angry just thinking about it.
          "Yeah."
           "What about it?" I am curious.
           "I needed you to help me make her jealous because... because... I have a crush on Amara."