I Just Know ~ Drew Dirksen

[Hey Tiders! So I was really excited to fill this request for duhitsdirksen because it was so unique and original, and I've never written anything like this before. So on that note, if it sucks, don't kill me lol xx Enjoy!]

Darkness. It was all you ever saw. Sometimes you thought maybe the darkness would have color...but when had you ever been introduced to color? 

Darkness had a sound, too. You heard it every day, ringing true. You wanna know what that sound was? 

Silence. 

Often, you found yourself sitting in your room, thinking too much. Thinking, what would it be like to see the world around me? Why can't I hear what's going on in my general vicinity? You were aware that if someone were to try and attack you, you'd be a sitting duck, unless of course, you could smell them. You took a deep breath and sighed loudly at the unfairness of it all.

Then hands closed around your wrists, softly. They were familiar hands, hands that had been holding you and your heart for a few months now. It was Drew. 

You'd touched every inch of his body, you'd breathed in his scent, but God, you wished you could see him! You wished you could see the look on his face when you signed that you loved him. Did he truly love you back, or did he roll his eyes because he knew you couldn't see him? 

But most of all, you wanted to hear him. You wanted to hear his voice when he sang, the emotion in his voice! You wanted to hear him play guitar on stage with his best friends! At times like this, right now, when he was sitting with you, you just wanted him to kick back and tell you all about his day, like normal.

You felt his warm lips on your neck, and you smiled. You'd never seen your own smile. You hoped it was beautiful to him. 

It was thoughts like this that broke your heart. His finger ran over your lips, and you felt vibrations from his voice against your skin. He was talking. It's like, sometimes he forgets...

A tear slipped down your cheek, just one, and Drew brushed it away, gone as quickly as it came. Before you could even sign what was wrong, to communicate with him somehow, he pulled you close to him and wrapped his arms around you. He placed one warm kiss on your cheek, and took your hands to sign.

This was how communication worked between you both. You both used your hands to sign. 

Using your hands, which he handled gently, he told you that it was okay. That he loved you. That you shouldn't be sad or angry. He loves you. He loves you. It's okay. 

You signed to him that of course you knew that he loved you. It just wasn't fair, that's all.

You felt Drew nod as he held you tighter. He knew. It's all okay. 

Even if you couldn't see Drew, you just knew that he was beautiful. You just knew that he was a huge ball of potential and talent and smiles to melt through anyone's heart. You didn't need to see him or hear him to know that his loyalty was fierce. You didn't need those things to tell that he put his absolute everything into his job and his relationship. 

You didn't have to see him or hear him to know that you should count your blessings every day for having him.

You just knew.

[I'm sorry if this was short or bad, like I said, it's new! I kinda just broke my own heart. Feels. Hope you liked x]