Nothing Lasts Forever ~ Nate Parker

[This one is for @Cezza_TheTide because she's awesome cx]

"Just remember that it won't be long, okay? It'll go by so fast, baby. It always does." Nate told you reassuringly, squeezing your hand. 

"Maybe it does for you," you answered, not looking at him. Your voice sounded weak. Time dragged by on your side of the phone. The clock ticked slowly while Nate went out and did what he was good at: playing his drums in front of hundreds of fans. 

Nate sighed. Sometimes you thought he'd love you a lot more if you just shut up and dealt with it. But you couldn't. And you knew that it weighed on him when you couldn't. How could you be so selfish, you wondered? 

"Cerys, look at me." You didn't. He waited. You couldn't. 

But you finally did, when his soft fingers turned your face to his. His blue eyes locked onto yours. His eyes must be carrying the weight of the world, but they were still so sincere. 

"You know that I'd put you before anything. Anything. I want you to know that if you ever need me...if you ever truly need me, I'll...I'll drop everything and come running back to you. You know I always will."

You wanted to tell him no. That you'd be okay. That you didn't require a pat on the head every day. 

But that's not what happened. 

You promised yourself you wouldn't cry. 

But he squeezed your hand again, and somehow you felt so much emotion in it. It's like he was calling out to you that he was here, and we was waiting, exposed. Why wouldn't you just say something? 

You threw your arms around him and cried into his chest. He let out a sad sound, and leaned back on the couch to hold you. His arms wrapped around you, and he began to stroke your hair, telling you over and over that it was going to be okay. 

But you knew that every sob into his sweatshirt was another blow to his heart, another weight to his chest, another sleepless thought on a tour bus 5000 miles away. And soon, his 'okay's cracked and broke off into tears of their own. 

You'd never seen Nate cry. He squeezed his eyes closed, but the tears fell anyway. He held you so tight you couldn't breathe, but if either of you cared, you couldn't form the words to say it. 

He grabbed your chin and hastily tilted your head up, kissing you hungrily. There was so much passion and so many unspoken words. You could taste all of it on his lips, on his tounge. It only made both of you cry harder. The kiss was hardly neat, but it was perfect. You couldn't explain it. 

You pulled away and he used his thumbs to dry your cheeks. You let yourself really look at his wet eyes. Was he really feeling this way, about you? 

"This isn't fair. Nothing lasts forever," you whispered to him.

Nate nodded. "No, it doesn't, baby. This tour isnt gonna last forever. Keep thinking like that."

You wanted to tell him that that wasn't what you meant, but you were tired of the struggle already. You tried to get up, but there was no way Nate was letting you go tonight. 

You fell asleep, curled up in his arms. Your safest place. 

When you woke up in the morning, Nate was gone. 

[Ouch feels :( I just hurt my heart writing that lol. I hope you liked it! xx]