Untitled Part 14

[Hello Tiders ^-^ I made this one for @NateParkersPrincess, and I don't usually write these, so hopefully this ends well! Here goes nothing fam]

Your big brother, Nate Parker, cleared his throat loudly as you walked by him. Oblivious, you grabbed your car keys from the table in the living room and headed for the front door, checking your phone.

You were so wrapped up in your new message that you almost ran face first into Nate's lean, muscled arm as he pressed his palm flat against the door, preventing you from opening it.

You sighed. You were supposed to be in your car by now. You were running a bit late, because your hair had been a little difficult to style today. 

"What are you wearing?"

You looked down at your pretty, casual, light colored dress. The fabric skimmed your midthighs and made your legs look very pretty. The top hugged your beautiful body in all the right places....you hoped. You looked kind of like an aesthetic picture on a hipster Tumblr blog. 

You looked back up at his seemingly expressionless face and huffed out impatiently.

"Nate, you never cease to annoy me. I have somewhere to be."

"Where are you going?" Your attitude didn't phase him at all. 

"Why does any of this matter to you?"

Nate shook his head. Obviously that wasn't an acceptable answer. 

Your mind suddenly flashed back to when you two were kids. He'd never let you go down the slide with the other kids if your parents didn't have their eyes directly on you. You'd indignantly huff and tell him that he had a big, stupid head.

You fought down the childish impluse to bring the old insult back from the dead. "I'm going out with friends! I think I'm allowed to do that now. God, I'm 16!" You exclaimed, trying to push him away.

"You wear sweatpants when you see your friends." Nate replies, your swings hardly making his body budge. "You're going to go see Allen. Don't lie to me, Demi."

Nate pinpointed your lies too easily these days. You looked at the floor, self consciously wondering if your eyes were giving it away. 

"I'm allowed to see him if I want," you answered quietly. "Mom and dad don't care, only you do."

"Because I know what he's really like. And I know how old he really is. I could go tell mom and dad right now that he's 21, not 17."

You're face flushed a redish color. "You wouldn't! This isn't fair! You never tried hard enough to see his good side!"

Nate, protecting you whenever he could, also meant being with you whenever he could. So he'd hung around with you and Allen plenty of times. He heard him swear, watched him kiss you, he knew that Allen had a few bad boy rough patches. 

But Allen really could be sweet. He'd written you beautiful love songs on a piano nobody knew he had, he'd bought you roses, and he'd give you small gifts every few weeks. 

Yet, Nate was still convinced he was only using you "for one thing", and desperately seemed to be protecting you from over doing that with your boyfriend. Little did he know, he didn't do a good enough job, and he was too late.

You remembered letting him meet your parents for the first time. A sit down dinner where you flaunted his polished, 17-year-old mask. Nate was shooting daggers at both of you the whole time.

Then, later that evening in your room while Nate was doing the dishes, you locked your door and let his kisses turn to touching, and then the next step farther. His hand covered your mouth so gently, you knew you'd never let anyone call him a bad guy again. 

"What good side? I never see him treat you right. He doesn't open doors, he just touches your ass," Naye snapped. "And why are you driving to him? He's not even enough of a gentleman to come pick you up? Did he convince you to sneak out and spend the night with him?"

"Everything he does has my consent written all over it, Nate," you hissed, knowing he'd hate it. "I consent. Mom and Dad consent, because you know I'm not buying birth control by myself. You're the only one throwing a fit. Let it go," you mumbled. 

This time, when you shoved him, he let up and allowed you to open the door.

You turned to look at him. You shouldn't have. His face was saddened with hurt. He caught your eyes and kept them.

"I just don't want him to hurt you, Demi." He stated sadly. He'd never sounded more serious.

You hugged him, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I won't let that happen. My brother would kick his ass," You laughed, watching him smile as you turned to leave.

[I hope that was okay :)]