Earned It ~ Drew Dirksen

[Hiiii again ^-^ this imagine is for DrewDirksengirl and I hope she likes it ^^ enjoy!]

Voicemail again. You sighed impatiently as the annoying beep rang into your ear. "Drew, why aren't you answering your phone? Look, can you preheat the oven for me? I'm not having the best day, so I'd like to just cook and relax as quickly as possible. Thanks babe, bye." You hung up the phone and pulled out of the parking space at your work. At least they remembered your birthday. 

I mean, it was ridiculous. You'd been dating for about 8 months. You'd been trying to make plans for your birthday for the last six weeks, and he shot down every single idea. He knew when your birthday was. 

Like, couldn't he do one thing for you? You cooked for him almost every night (including tonight!), you always made sure he was smiling, you kept the house clean, you bought him gifts every once in a while, you planned most of the dates, you gave him and his band nonstop support, and you were always ready to listen. Plus, you made a sweet reservation at a nice restaurant with him and his parents for his birthday. He couldn't even acknowledge the fact that today was the day you began your existence all those years ago? 

You pulled into the driveway and put the car in park. Taking the key out of the ignition, you leaned against the steering wheel and rubbed your temples. You'd spent the whole ride home being mad at Drew. You couldn't go in this way. You took a few deep breaths and continued to rub your face, calming yourself down. 

Once you were convinced that you could act appropriately, you unlocked the door to your house and stepped inside. Drew greeted you at the door and hugged you. "Hey, babe. Was work rough? I got your voicemail." He kissed your cheek and looked down at you. God, you thought. He's so oblivious as to what's wrong with me. 

You sighed again, trying not to feel down, or at least not to show him that you were. "It was fine, Drew. Did you preheat the oven like I asked?"

"I'm pretty sure I did," he tugged at his bottom lip with his teeth. 

"I'll go check," you told him, patting his arm. You walked to the kitchen and flipped the light on. 

"Suprise!!" Came a unanimous yell from the kitchen. You yelped and jumped backwards into Drew's arms, which he wrapped around you. 

The boys, your family, Drew's family, and you and Drew's friends were all crowded in the kitchen, some holding sodas, some holding glasses of wine or champagne. It wasn't until now that you noticed none of them had told you happy birthday, either. This was why. 

"Happy birthday baby," Drew whispered in your ear, holding you close. 

"A suprise party?" You asked, smiling. 

"I think you earned it, Aurora." 

Austin cleared his throat and held up his can of Coke. "Happy birthday to you.."

The rest of the crowd joined in, holding up cans and glasses, singing along with the frontman. "...happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Aurora, happy birthday to you!"

Scattered shouts and cheers went up among the group, and everyone began hugging you and heading for the various bowls of snacks Drew had set out. 

"I'm no chef," Drew said sheepishly. "But I figured this would do."

"It's fine, Drew. It's perfect." You smiled and kissed him sweetly. 

You all ended up in the living room, taking turns telling stories about you. You all laughed and had a good time in general. 

"When do we get cake?" Levi piped up, and your best friend agreed. 

Smiling and shaking his head, Drew got up to cut the cake, after you blew out the candles, of course. 

"What'd you wish for?" He asked as he handed out cake slices. 

"Can't tell you," you grinned. You'd wished that Drew would stay like this for a while, so sweet and thoughtful. 

                                          *****

That night after everyone had left, you sat at the kitchen table and relaxed. In other words, you were procrastinating. You didn't want to clean the party mess. 

Drew poured you a glass of champagne and began massaging your shoulders. "You earned it, Aurora." He reminded you as you giggled and closed your eyes. 

"Was it really perfect?" He asked as you took a sip of the alcohol in your cup. You weren't of legal age in America, but who was gonna find out? It was a special occasion. 

You opened your eyes and nodded. "I thought so."

"I mean, I know it wasn't a five star diner..."

"Drew," you cut him off. "If I learned anything today, it's that the little things are all it takes to make someone happy. And if you actually pay attention to the little things, they're not little. They become big things."

"I'm glad." He paused. "You know, if you hadn't stayed in the car as long as you did, I wouldn't have stuffed everyone in the kitchen on time." He laughed. 

You couldn't help but laugh, too. "Well, I'm glad it all worked out."

[Hey! Sorry Aurora, you said "suprise me" and this is the first thing that popped into my head...lol im lame. Hope you all liked it x]