Chapter 6

My room was a shock to me. Instead of being all white, the walls were grey, the tiles for the floor were black glass, and the furniture was a light blue.  My one wall was a giant screen, flashing different pictures of the New World. Suddenly, it turned to a black background with a purple microphone.

"Hello, Laila, I am Siri Conclusive, I am you personal assistant for any of you or The Conservators needs. I am the database that runs the Headquarters and the New World and am programmed to assist and serve the New World. Is there anything you need service on?" The screen-Siri Conclusive-asked. I thought for a moment if I needed anything. I shook my head. "No," I answered.

"Good. Now the Conservator has left me a list of things she would like me to tell you. First off, this screen is not only for me, the Conservator can call up and show up on screen at any time she wants to talk to you. Is that alright with you?"

"Yes," I answered.

"Alright, now in the closet to your left is where your official outfit for day and sleep is, along with other essentials like extra pillows, an extra blanket, an extra outfit for both day and night, a fridge, and others. Speaking of outfits, your Assistant-Curator outfit is in the closet, the Conservator wishes for you to change immedietly into your new outfit." Siri Conclusive told me.

The light blue glass closet door automatically opened, and a hangar rack was pulled out and rolled over to me. The outfit was a black turtlenecked jumpsuit with a zipper in front, and a black jacket with a blue stripe design. I took it off the rack and changed in 5.65 seconds.

"I've changed," I informed Siri Conclusive.

"Alright, next, this room is your room. You are free to roam around and do whatever you like, you can leave Headquarters at anytime, as long as you are back when the Conservator needs you.  Is that clear?" Siri Conclusive asked me in a sweet voice.

"Yes, of course. It's very understandable, I have a job to do, and that is to serve the New World and the Conservator. But, um, I'm still not quite sure of what my actual job... is." I said, biting my lip. Which hurt. Note: Never bite your lip. It causes pain.

"Oh well, I was just getting to that next. Your job is to help the Conservator keep the New World as it is, perfect. Now maintaning the perfectness of the New World could mean several things, could be something small or something large, but whichever job you are assigned to do, you must do your best to complete it."

I nodded, and wondered if Siri Conclusive could see. She had no face, and was inside my screen-wall. Without a face, could she still see?

Siri-Conclusive cannot see because she is a technological computer program, she hears voice commands and words, but cannot see like humans.

"Alright, I can deffinetly do that." I said, with a smile. A question came to mind.

"Does the Conservator have any jobs for me as of right now or in a few days?"

"Ah yes, she does. Laila, are you sitting?"

"No,"

"You should sit down, this will take a lot of explaining."

I sat down on my bed, ready to listen to my first job.  I was Excited, I finally had a purpose in the New World.

"Okay, you don't know much about the old world, do you?" Siri Conclusive asked.

"No, I only know that it was a barbaric place where people fought all the time, were constantly hungry, lived in horrible conditions, got sick very easily, and were never happy. But that is what everyone knows."