Chapter 24

((Before the chappie begins, I just wanna say: THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND COMMENTING AND VOTING!!!  YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES MAKE EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE!  I ALWAYS SMILE FROM SEEING VOTES AND LAUGH AT ALL YOUR FUNNY GREAT COMMENTS!!!  I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!  ALL OF YOU HELPED GLITCHED GO PAST IT'S RATING, IT'S TOP RATING IS NOW 58 IN SCI FI, AND IT'S NOW AT 7K READS!!!  THAT'S ALL THANKS TO YOU GUYS!  KEEP STAYING AWESOME!  LOVE YOU ALL <3

Laila's POV))

"We're here!" Timberland sang, holding his arms out.  I peeked over his shoulder, trying to see where we were.  But I was too far away and too short to see anything.  

Timberland pushed open a gate and held it open, the rest of us walking through it.  I turned to him and smiled.  "Thank you," 

"Not a problem, Lails." he grinned and shut the gate behind me.  

I took the opportunity to take a look at the scenery around me.  There were a few large buildings around us, but not too many.  Instead, there were large structures that looked like ladders, or swing holders, or roads, or strange vehicles, and so many other things that I couldn't identify.  Everything was covered in plants, and surrounded by trees.  

"What is this place?" I asked, I couldn't keep my eyes on one thing, there was so much to see all at once.

"This used to be a theme park, or amusement park, or whatever people called it a million years ago.  It was a place where people came to have fun!  These machine things were rides that people would ride on, and they'd go super fast and it was...  well, from what I've heard, amazing!" he said, his eyes wide and 'happy'.  But his expression didn't linger as I took notice of how it 'saddened'.  "Sadly, though, they don't do that anymore.  They're all broken, old, and unfixable.  I've tried to fix them or ride them, but it never works."

I tried to think of what it must've been like to ride one of the many contraptions, But I couldn't see how they were supposed to work.  The ones up high felt 'scary,' nothing was holding in the rides, besides what exactly?  What if you went up high, and got stuck?  Or if you or the vehicle fell from up high?  What if some of the ones snapped and broke while it was moving?  None of the machines at the so called "amusement park" seemed very safe.  In fact, they seemed deadly.  How did people a million years ago be 'amused' on such dangerous things, and not feel 'afraid?'

"How did these things even work?" 381 asked, walking over to one, banging the machine.

Timberland got 'excited' and ran over quickly.  "This, Buddy-"

"Don't call me that," 381 cut in.

"is a thing they called," he took a pause, "a roller-coaster.  The way this worked was it rode on wheels connected to this thing called a track," he pointed to the metal latter.  "There were straps and bars to keep the people in while it zoomed on the track as fast as...  as fast as...  something.  But it was fast and it made twists and turns, sometimes it went upside down or it would go backwards."

381 climbed onto the track and sat himself in the vehicle and strapped himself in using a ripped piece of fabric.  He tried to push down the bar but failed to do so. 

"A little help would be nice," he grumbled, and Timberland pushed down and the bar suddenly snapped down, trapping 381 in.  Timberland jumped back in surprise, and shuddered.  

We all stared at 381, now strapped inside of the vehicle, grinning a small smile.  Grace walked up and stood next to me.  She crossed her arms and her gaze flickered from Timberland to 381.  She bit her lip and sighed.

"As fun as that sounds, I have a question."

381 seemed to jump as he turned to Grace.

"How's he going to get out?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.  "If it took that must strength to pull it down, it's going to take a lot more strength to pull it back up." she pointed out.

381's and Timberland's eyes went wide as their mouths dropped open suddenly, I could tell they were thinking of a solution.  381 started to push up on the bar, trying to get out.  Timberland rushed over and started to pull up on the bar, both of them turning red as they tried to get 381 out.

Grace shook her head and sighed.  "I knew this was a bad idea..." she mumbled.

Timberland stepped back, huffing.  "Well, sorry Buddy," he patted 381's shoulder, "I think you're stuck here forever.  Nice knowing you." he said and spun around.

"Seriously?!  You big oaf, get back here and help me!" 381 called out to Timberland.

Timberland spun back around and they both tried pulling again.

"This is pathetic.  Come on, guys, they need all the help they can get. " Grace sighed, waving 256 and I over to the ride.  We all put our hands on the bar, and before we could start pulling, Grace mumbled:

"I can't believe the idiot actually thought it was a good idea to lock himself in a century-year-old roller-coaster car..." 

"Excuse me?" 381 turned to her, narrowing his eyes at her.

Grace didn't answer, instead she shouted: "Okay, one, two, three, push!"

And all five of us started pushing or pulling on the bar, trying to get 381 out.  And it was hard, and incredibly painful.  After a few minutes of pulling, the lever finally popped up and we all screamed and stumbled back, I fell onto the ground from the force.  My hands were red, shaking, and in pain.  381 unstrapped himself and climbed out, jumping to the ground, landing on his feet.

"Alright, I'm never doing that again." he grumbled, shaking out his hands.  

"Please, don't." 256 begged, "My hands now hurt because of you." she narrowed her eyes at him.

He shrugged.  "Um...  sorry, I guess?" he walked past her.

"You guess?" 256 asked, putting her hands on her hips.

Timberland laughed, putting his arms around 256 and 381, pulling them close.

"Alright, alright, let's not start a fight here.  Let's go check out some of the other cool, less dangerous, rides here." he grinned, and started walking off.

################################################################################

((Hey look!  My picture isn't half bad like my recent ones...

Question #25: What did people do in the past for fun that you don't understand now?

My pictures are improving but my questions are getting worse...  Well, I guess you can only have one or the other...))