Chapter 12

((Eiiiiiii Glitched-as of now-is down to #112 in Sci-Fi!!!  So.  Freaking.  Excited.  I.  Just.  CAN'T!  I'm gonna try to update more to see if I can get down to the double didgets!  X3))

Chapter Recap: 

-Laila being like 256 and complaining about her chip

-Laila being an annoying idiot and not knowing things or how they work

-Robot Guard does stuff

Alright, you should be caught up now.

Warning: This is more of a filler chapter than an exciting/important chapter.))

################################################################################

I woke up, light shining through the windows, with a paper container in my arms.  I had processed all the words in it, and found that it made little to no sense.  How can an egg be alive and living, and then somehow climb up a wall?  And what was a king and what was a horse?  And surly the king did not bring all the men because that would be a lot of men, and those men wouldn't be doing their jobs in the city, and the city will fall to chaos.  And there is no possible way to piece back an egg, once it's broken, it's broken, there was no use trying.  That was just one of the nonsensical 'stories' in the paper container.  I had so many questions, like why was everything so...  off in the stories?  Why not write the truth, or write with truthful elements instead of the non truthful elements?  

The robot had already unfolded it's self and stood by the door ready to go.  I-on the other hand-wanted to stay, and see what other nonsense was contained in all the other paper containers.  But I could not, I had a job to do.  And my focus would have to be entirely on  my job, if it wasn't, then I wouldn't be a good citizen.  And I need to be a good citizen.  So I packed up my inflatable mattress, pillow, and light glove.  I glanced at the paper container, I really wanted to take it with me, but if I did without permission, wouldn't I be doing what the thieves who stole the Viruses did?  Wouldn't that make me a thief, and a stealer?  So I sighed and put the paper container back, even though I wanted to keep it.  I walked over to the doorway and walked out.  It was a sunny day from what I could tell, the light brightly shined through the branches.

"Alright, where do we head now?" I asked the robot.

"Follow me," it said and started walking.

As we walked, I got to look at all the other buildings around us.  They all generally looked the same, but with some differences.  In the New World city every building looked unique, because each building was to be identified with a certain job, and it made it quite easy to spot out and find which building you were looking for.  I wanted to explore the buildings, see what was inside of them, but my job came first, and curiosity came second.  The robot used it's laser to cut a path for me, making it easier to walk.  Thankfully, the nights rest energized me enough to start walking again, sadly, it didn't help my aching feet and legs so much.  I wished my hover machine actually fit through the trees, that way I would've been able to ride instead of walk, and my feet and legs wouldn't have been in so much pain.   The city seemed nearly endless, like the forest.  I didn't know when the city ended, it was just building after building along a very long road.  But I knew it would have to come to an end somewhere, I just didn't know when.  

################################################################################

We finally reached the end of the city, and it took us shorter than I expected.  I expected it to take days, when in reality it only took us...  I don't know actually.  But we got out long before the sun went down.  It was back to the forest, filled with nothing but trees and plants.  On the outside of the city though, the ground to the right had caved, and so you had to watch your step and be careful, or else you'd fall.  It was hard though, trying to balance myself while walking on slippery ground.  It didn't help that I was highly distracted.  I couldn't stop thinking about the paper container and it's stories filled with nonsense.  It entriged me, yet bothered me at the same time.  I didn't notice how close I was getting to the edge until the guard had to pull me away by my arm and break me from my distracting thoughts.  

"Thank you," I said, my voice shaking.  

I was afraid that I almost fell, and I knew I'd have to be more careful.  I didn't want to roll down into the "hole".  So as I walked I kept my mind focused on staying away from the edge, and following the robot.  But again my mind drifted off back to the building with all the paper containers and the city.  I couldn't help but question what was in the other buildings, and what happened to all the people.  Curiosity kept overpowering my other emotions, dominating.  I felt that I needed to know, and that was a strange thing.  Again, I didn't notice myself getting closer and closer to the edge, and neither did the guard.  Suddenly, I felt my foot slip, and I tripped, causing me to fall over the edge.  I screamed and tried to grab on to something, but I was too late.  I fell and hit my head, causing me to pass out and roll down the side, and into the "hole".

################################################################################

((Heyo!  It's le author of this crappy story!   And for a first, I have nothing to say.

Hm...  

Anyways, here is your ID OhShitWudUp:

I couldn't tell if the hair was supposed to be short, long, curly, or straight, so I'm sorry if this sucks XD Please comment what needs to be fixed, and I will fix it

Question #13 ((UNLUCKY 13)):  If you were Laila, would you let your curiosity get the best of you and let yourself explore the paper containers and city, or would you be focused on what you had to do and your job?))