Chapter 65

MIKHAIL

"Maybe it was just a dream." I said trying to comfort her.

She shook her head and then tears trickled down her cheeks, "Why do i feel like it's more than a dream?" She said looking at me. "My brother's mate is that witch she... She's making him do her dirty work and uses the 'mate' shit."

I feel her pain and brokenness, i hugged her again. "Everything will be alright, we'll ask Alessandra what she knows tomorrow but for now you need to rest." I said.

She nodded, "will you stay? I mean Alex is downstairs and I don't think he feels what i feel." She said a bit sad. "Would you lie with me?" She said in a hopeful voice.

Am i stupid to say No? This might be the only way i can sleep beside her and just be with her as Mikhail and not her guardian.

I lied down beside her she faced me " mikhail why do i feel like he's not my real mate?"

"To be honest?" I said.

"What?" She replied.

"I don't know. Because quite frankly i was expecting that-" i stopped because I don't want to complicate things between us when i say that i was expecting that the both of us would be mates.

"That?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said a bit too quickly, "maybe we can ask the elders?" I suggested.

"That's a good idea. When i'm with alex it just..." She cut off.

"Just what?"

"It just doesn't feel right." She said while lying down on her back again and was looking at the ceiling.

"I don't know what to say." I said honestly.

She chuckled, "I didn't expect you to say anything on my last statement." She said smiling. Her smile was breathtaking my heartbeat was beating kind of fast.

"You know i was kind of hoping that-" she said but then cut off.

"That?"

"Nothing." She said blushing a bit.

"Thinking of me aren't you?" I said teasing her and she pinched my arm.

"That hurt!" I exclaimed and she just laughed.

"If i ever die, i know that gabby will be in great hands." She said smiling.

"You won't die." I said sternly.

"I just feel like... I feel like it's just a better option than risk so many lives." She said. "I just want all of this to be over." She said with a sigh.

"You won't die, what's a guardian if I couldn't guard you? I will do everything that i can to protect you and that's a promise." I said.

"But I don't want you to die." She said while facing me again. "You're too important to die." She said.

"I'm irrelevant compared to you." I said while facing her.

"You're not irrelevant! You're an alpha with a handsome baby boy and you're one of the strongest persons that i have ever known." She said smiling at me.

My heart skipped a beat when she said that compliment. I wish i can tell her how i feel about her but who am i to compare with her mate bond with Alex.

"You know for a cocky guy who knows he's handsome and sexy you don't believe in yourself that much." She said.

"Ahh so you think that i'm handsome and sexy?" I said teasing her while i wiggled my brows suggestively.