Chapter 98

MIKHAIL

"What the fuck are you on about!" Kade shouted at the fairy and then looked at me, "Don't listen to her, Reed. There must be another way."

That's the thing! What if there is no other way?

"You're a sick bastard!" Jude yelled at Lara then looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "We're about to lose my sister and I'm going to lose Reed too not fo mention losing him to this crazy fairy."

"Don't tell me that you're considering the idea of you dying." Elder Jackson said.

I looked at Lara then looked back at the people that have grew on me.

"No no no no." Sandy said shaking her head frantically.

"Why should we trust you?" Elder Michael asked.

"Because I'm all you've got." Lara said and looked at me straight in the eye.

I looked at Gabreelle and saw that her lips were getting chapped and pale.

"No." I muttered.

Surely I'm dreaming! Am I? Bruises were forming on her arms and chest.

"You're running out of time." Lara said.

I held her fingers a tear or two slid down my cheek involuntarily.

As much as I'd love to be here when she's awake I can't.

I looked at her beautiful face masked by bruises, "How can I guarantee that she'd be alive if I die and sacrifice myself?"

"Well, there's a fifty-fifty-"

"No! You are not going to do it, Reed Mikhail Storm." Elder Lynus said in his alpha voice.

I didn't budge- it didn't affect me. All of them were kneeling on the floor even Lara and Sandy who are not wolves.

"If this is what it takes then so be it." I said.

I would have loved to see her wake up. We would go anywhere around the world and escape the drama for awhile and see where that takes our relationship.

But I made a vow to the moon goddess and I intend to keep it.

I am a guardian for fuck's sakes! I have never planned to fall for Gabreelle...

Should I be selfish and just wait for her to wake up? Or should I do the honorable thing and think about the situation of everyone and sacrifice myself even if there is only a fifty percent chance of this idea working?

Moon goddess please! Help me save her!

Guide her to me

How will I do that? Please, I don't know what to do!

Guide her to the light. As long as you two are bounded by spirit, you can reach the light.

How can I guide her when she's lying down and unconscious?

Get her close to me. You'll figure it out soon enough, Mikhail. You're not on your own and you are not the only one who is hurting.

But-

Get her close to me, do the honorable thing and sacrifice your own happiness for others to live.

I looked around me and all of them had worry written on all of their faces.

"What happened?" Sandy asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"You passed out." Kade said.

If I never make it at least Kade is there to protect her.

"How can I get closer to the Moon Goddess?" I asked looking at the elders.

"What do you mean?" Elder Jonathan asked.

"Is there a place that is close to the Moon Goddess?" I asked again.

The elders looked at each other. "There is a place- but I cannot guarantee that you can get in easily."

"Nothing will ever be easy." I said as I walked towards Gabreelle and carried her lifeless body.

"What are you doing?"

"Going to wherever that place is." I said.

"Are you crazy!" Elder Jackson exclaimed.

"Either you come and help me or just let me leave with Gabreelle." I said and all of them stopped talking "I'm going to die anyways. Why not die trying?"

I will always find a way.

"Don't worry, Gabreelle. I will find a way." I said in her ear. "I'll save you."