Chapter 2

Baby when you sleep,

 I watch you breathing.

And baby when you dream,

 I dream with you.

Cause everywhere you are

Is where I wanna be, it's true.

Everything you do

Makes me know how much I love you

The familiar voice had woken Shin up. Her son had already woken up. Alam na talaga ni Raffy paano kalikutin ang cellphone niya. It was always the case every morning. Her son would always play the song. It has been by far his favorite.

Hindi din maisip ni Shin kung bakit sa lahat ng kanta, eto ng pinakapaborito niyang patugtugin noong nagbubuntis siya. Even after giving birth, this song had always been her companion. Maybe she just loved the lyrics. She loved it so much when her first boyfriend would sing this song for her before. She loved the thought of being sung the song, loved every word and melody of it. When she had Raffy, it was a different case. She loves singing the song to her son. The lyrics just say exactly what she feels about her son. Shin opened her eyes to see a smiling Raffy in front of her.

“Mommy! You’re awake! Thank God! I’m starving…”

“Haaahhh… Good morning baby.”

“Morning mommy. Let’s get up please. I wanna drink my milk.”

Shin pouts. “No morning kiss for mommy?”

“I love it when you pout like that mum. You look weird.” Raffy comes to Shin and kisses her very loudly.

“Okay na mum? Can we go down?”

“Wait babe. May tanong si mommy, and you have to answer me honestly okay?”

“Sure will. Spill.”

“How do you find it here? Are you okay with our move? Do you miss London?”

“Well, I like it here mum. Mas marami tao. May kasama ako. Jazz and Xell are very nice. And Oz is hilarious! I love your family mum. I love it here. I miss Ara, though.”

“Okay, first things first baby. Here in the Philippines, you don’t call people by their first names only. Especially if they are older.”

“Huh? What do I call them, then?”