Chapter 14

“Ian, this is your chance! Don’t waste it.”

Carla looks at Ian, frustration apparent in her very pale face. Hindi niya alam kung bakit nagmamatigas pa rin itong kausap niya when she knows how much he wants the idea. She knows him too well.

“I said let’s not talk about it. Here, eat all of these. And this time, I mean ALL of these.”

“Tssss. I don’t even know why you're avoiding the subject. It’s not as if I’m a hundred percent okay with it. It still hurts, you know. But it’s for the better and that I accept. For heaven’s sake Ian,  I’m giving you up to make things right and give my child a complete family. Don’t you think you should be doing the same?”

Araw –araw kinukulit ni Carla si Ian kung ano ang plano nito kina Shin at Raffy. Actually, its more on she everyday suggests that Ian do something to get his family intact, to which Ian just answers with a grunt or deliberately avoids answering.

Halos mag-iisang buwan na si Carla sa Pilipinas at halos sa bahay na din ni Ian ito naglalagi on Ian’s insistence. Inaalalayan ito ni Ian sa mga bagay, sinasamahan lalo na sa pagpapacheck-up sa doctor. Sa halos isang buwan na yun, hindi pa nakakausap ni Ian si Shin ng masinsinan mainly because Shin has been avoiding him. Every weekend nasa Cavite si Raffy with Ian’s parents. Hinahatid na ito deretso ni Shin doon at hindi na pinapadaan kay Ian. Because Ian has been busy with stuff, hindi na din ito nakakapagspend ng oras kay Raffy. Iniisip nalang nito na bumawi pag maluwag na ang schedule. 

“Tell me Ian, what are you waiting for? You’re waiting for someone to actually make you batok and tell you to straighten your act? Because I can do that! Here and now.”

“You know what, don’t think about it. I can manage. I’m thinking things over. It’s not that easy. I’m taking it slow okay. Slow but sure.”

“What’s there to think about? You know what you should do! And I’m a hundred percent sure that what you should do is actually what you want to do! Taking it slow? You’re way toooooo slow my dear. Somebody might actually get ahead of you!”

“Trust me. I know what I am doing.”

“Whatever.” Carla grunts and started eating.

Hindi din alam ni Ian kung ano nga ba ang dapat gawin. He knows he wants Raffy to have a complete family and be a father to him. But he also has his fears. What if Shin doesn’t want him back? What if trying to get her back would mean he losses her and Raffy forever? What if they try again and he and Shin wouldn’t work out? He doesn’t want to see his child hurt. What if Shin gives him another chance and he blows it yet again? Masasaktan niya lang ulit si Shin and he doesn’t want that. Ang dami-daming gumugulo sa isip ni Ian, ang dami niyang worries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You look great Mum.”

“Good morning baby! I look great? I just woke up my dear!”

“Yeah. And you look great for someone who has just woken up.”

“I love you so much baby. You really know how to make my day. Come here, give Mum a hug!”

Raffy went across the bed to give his mum her daily dose of morning hug.

“You look happy now. I’m glad.”

“I am happy baby. Very happy. You know why?”

“Why?”

“Because I have the sweetest and pogiest son in the world!”

“I love you so much mum. Please be happy always. I noticed you were a bit off these past few weeks. I often catch you in deep thoughts. Something bothering you?”