Chapter 9 (Continuation)

Buti nalang at nasalo ni Ian si Shin, hindi ito tuluyang bumagsak. Supportado si Shin sa likod with his both hands, he was just staring at her. Medyo nanibago siya, being this close to her. He gazed at her face for a while until he remembered what happened and came back to reality. Giniya niya si Shin upang makatayo ng maayos.

“Shin?”

If Ian was shocked, Shin felt ten times more. Ian? Here in front of her? Raffy? Right at his back? Called her mum? Oh gosh! What to do? What to do?

She couldn’t find her tongue to speak. Kung pwede lang mag.evaporate nalang siya at mawala ng bigla. Bakit ba kasi to nandito? Pinapunta kaya to ni Ara? Nagkataon lang? Grabeng pagkakataon naman kung ganun! Lord bakit? Hindi pa ako handa, hindi pa ngayon. Bakit?

She was taken away from her thoughts when Raffy suddenly came up to her and hug her.

“Mum are you okay? You almost fell! You could’ve been hurt. Mum, please be careful always. Thank goodness Tito Ian was able to catch you. I don’t want you to ever get hurt mum. So please be careful next time okay?”

Shin just nodded and hugged Raffy. Iniwasan niyang tingnan si Ian, who was looking confused himself.

“Mum? I-ikaw ang mama ni Ra-Raffy, Shin?”—Ian mustered a few words.

Nag-butt in na si Ara. “Ah, guys umupo kaya muna kayo. Pinagtitinginan na kayo ng mga tao oh. Shin upo ka na. Ian, upo ka na lang din dito. Baby, you sit beside mum, Tito Ian will sit beside me.”

Nagpatiuna naman ang tatlo sa sinabi ni Ara. Luminga linga si Shin sa paligid. May nakarinig kaya ng sigaw ni Raffy kanina? Pero mukhang wala naman. She sighed.

Ian spoke again.  “So, you are Raffy’s mum, Shin?”

Shin just looked down. She couldn’t say a word. It was Raffy who answered.

“Yes Tito Ian. This is my mum. My very pretty mum. Thank you for saving her from falling earlier.” He turned to Shin. “Mum, look up. This is Tito Ian. Ara’s friend.”

Shin looked up and just nooded. “H-Hi Ian.” She looked at Ara.

Ara looked at her with a I-didn’t-do-this look.

Raffy spoke again. “Mum, shouldn’t you be thanking Tito Ian?”

“Oh. Sorry baby. Ahmm, thanks Ian.” Biglang tumayo si Shin. “I think we should be going. I have an important appointment.”

“But mum! We haven’t finish our food yet! And you said earlier  you are free today. Let’s finish eating please? Tito Ian, would you like some dessert? You can join our sweet date!”

“Oo nga naman Shin, tapusin na lang natin to. Andito na tayo eh. Ian, gusto mo ng dessert? Order kita. My treat.” –Ara