Chapter 3

Later that day…

Raffy knocked on the door to their bedroom. The door was already halfway open, but his mum had taught him to always knock on someone's door before entering. After the eventful morning, Shin made his parents take Raffy to the mall, to enjoy. She was a mess and she couldn’t let Raffy witness that. They just arrived  and her son went straight into their room, looking for her.

"Come in," came Shin’s voice.

He opened the door all the way and approached his mother. She was relaxing on the large bed. But tears were falling from her pretty brown eyes.

"Mum? Why are you crying?"

"I'm watching a sad movie, my dear," she said, at tinuro ang television, where she had a movie set on pause.

"Oh. I thought it was because you have a problem. You were sad na even before we went out earlier eh."

"Of course not, baby. Why would mum be sad?" she said, pulling her four-year-old son into her lap. "Where are the others?"

"Downstairs.”

"I see.  Are you tired? You wanna sleep?”

"No mum. I just want to be here, next to you. I missed you.”

"Awww… I’m sorry baby. I should’ve gone out with you earlier. Mum will make it up to you, I promise."

"Can I ask you something, Mum?" he asked.

"Of course, my love. You can always come to me for anything. Always remember that."

"Can you sing me our favorite song? You haven’t sung that to me for long. I missed hearing you sing."

"Sure darling." She felt guilty. Medyo matagal na pala niyang hindi napagtutuonan ng pansin ang anak niya. Mula nang magsimula siyang mag-asikaso sa kanilang pagbabalik Pinas, naging masyado siyang busy. Namimiss na pala siya ng anak niya. At aminado siyang sa dami ng iniisip niya, hindi niya nabigyan ng atensyon ang bata. She started singing the song.

I love the way you smile when I look in your eyes.

I love the way you laugh when I try to be funny.

And how the tear rolls down your face when I say no one could ever take your place.

And baby when you sleep, I watch you breathing.

And baby when you dream, I dream with you.

Cause everywhere you are is where I wanna be, it's true.

Everything you do makes me know how much I love you.

The way you touch my lips right after every kiss,

And softly whisper that I'm your everything.

The way you pray our love won't die

Every night just before you close your eyes.