Chapter 9

Ian let his thoughts wander for a while, after remembering everything that happened that night. He can still clearly remember how great his guilt was after discovering that everything he said about Shin that night was wrong. Nang bumalik siya sa katinuan niya, sinubukan niyang habulin si Shin sa labas. Pero hindi na niya ito naabutan. When he came back to his condo, he poured out all his guilt in a letter. And that was when he decided to write a sorry letter to her every single day.

That was also the very last time she saw Shin. Hindi niya alam saan ito nagpunta, sinabihan lang siya na humingi ito ng bakasyon. Two months later, he learned that she flew to London.

Ian looked at the box again. It contains lots of papers now. It has been almost four years. He just stopped writing that day Shin told him that she has forgiven him when he went to her house.

He closed the box again and returned it to the cabinet. He looked at the other box. He was tempted to take it out and have a go at its contents. But he didn’t. Ngumiti lang siya at umiling. he lloked at the box again.

“Matagal na kitang dapat itinapon. Hindi ko alam kung bakit hindi ko magawa. Hahay, one day babasahin ko ulit lahat ng mga isinulat ko sayo. Pero hindi pa ngayon. Sana pag nabuksan na kita ulit, yun na ang maging hudyat para itapon ko na lahat ng laman mo.”

He closed the compartment. He tried his best to get some sleep that night, but he wasn’t successful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shin woke up one morning very surprised. Somebody is smiling at her on the edge of her bed.

“Ara? Oh my! Ara, is that you? Is that really you?”

“Of course! Ano sa tingin mo? Hologram? My God I miss you so much!”

Napabalikwas si Shin sa kama at hinug ang kaibigan.

“Ahhhhhhhhhh! Namiss kita Ara! Kelan ka pa dumating?”

Dahil sa tili ni Shin nagising si Raffy na nasa tabi niya.

Kusot kusot ang mata, Raffy whined.

“You are so loud mum! What’s got you all excited?”

Then he turned to where his mum was looking. Wide-eyed, he screamed.

“Ara!! You’re here!”

“Yes baby, I’m here.”

“I missed you so much Ara!”

“I missed you too. No hug for me?”