Chapter 9 (Last part)

Meanwhile, while Ara and Raffy were in the mall, Ara noticed Raffy was quiet. Kani-kanina lang ang hyperactive ng bata, kaya nagtataka siya kung bakit bigla bigla itong natahimik.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Do you want anything?”

“Nothing Ara.”

“Why are you so quiet? Any problem baby?”

“Nothing.” Raffy’s face turned sad and he was looking down. Ara kneeled down and cupped his face with her hands.

“Hey baby? What’s wrong? What’s bothering you? You know you can always talk to me right?”

“I know. It’s nothing Ara. Really.”

“Come baby.  Let’s go to the car. Let’s talk there okay?”

Raffy nodded. They both headed to the parking area. Ara decide to drive at dinala si Raffy sa isang park. Habang nakaupo sila sa isang bench:

“Come on baby, tell me what you were thinking.”

“It’s nothing Ara. I was just looking at the kids in the mall earlier. They have mums and dads. I was just wondering why I don’t have a dad.”

“Baby! Who told you that?”

“What? That I don’t have a dad? Nobody told me Ara. I just figured. I mean, who wouldn’t?”

“What do you mean?”

“Papa Oscar is mum’s dad right? He is Mama Russ’ husband. They are a complete family. The kids I saw earlier? They have a mum and a Dad. But me? I only have mum. No dad. She doesn’t have a husband. So you see? I know Ara. Of course I do.”

“Oh baby. Please don’t ever think that you are not complete, just because your dad is not with you. You have lots of people who love you, and that includes me. Always remember that, okay?”

“I know Ara. I don’t feel incomplete at all. My mum loves me so much, and she’s more than enough for me. I don’t need a dad to be happy. I’m very happy with mum. I love her so much.”

“Awwww… That’s so sweet of you baby. Your mum is really blessed to have you. Promise me you will make mum happy always, okay? Be good to her. Love her always. Will you promise me that?”

“Of course Ara. I love my mum so much. I will never make her sad.”

“And you will listen to her always okay? What did God said?”

“Children obey your parents for it is right.”

“Very good. You take care of your mum always, baby.”