Chapter 4.

Saturday morning. Shin has to rush to GMA to rehearse. She had been very busy for the past days. Ang dami dami niyang commitments. Pati si Raffy, alam niyang hindi na niya napagtutuunan ng pansin. But she has no choice. She has to work.

She looked at her son, peacefully sleeping on the bed. Hindi na niya ginising pa si Raffy, napakahimbing kasi ng tulog nito.

“Hay baby. I’m really sorry. I want to spend as much time with you, but mommy has to work. Para sayo din naman to. I know you understand. Babawi ako baby.” She kissed his son’s forehead.

Her cell beeped. When she checked it, she saw Erik’s text.

Bes, wag mo kalimutan later ha? Mark’s place. No need to bring anything, just yourself. Dun na tayo maglulunch. See you!

Shoot! She almost forgot! Ngayon na pala yun! She added a few stuff to her bag and went downstairs.

“Shin, kain ka na.” Mama Russ.

“Okay na po ako Ma. Dun nlng po ako kakain sa GMA.”

“Basta wag ka magpapalipas ng gutom anak.”

“Opo Ma. Ah Ma, I won’t be having lunch here. May get together kaming champs. Baka matagalan ako umuwi. Kayo na po bahala kay Raffy ha?”

“Nagpaalam ka na ba sa kanya? Hahanapin ka nun.”

“Hindi na po Ma eh. Tulog pa po. Uuwi naman po ako agad. Kayo na po muna bahala sa kanya ha.”

“Sige anak. Mag-ingat ka. Pahatid ka nalang sa driver.”

“Opo. Bye Ma.”

When she reached the studio, many of her co-artists were already there. Nahagip ng mga mata niya si Christian and she chose to stay far from him. But when she read the flow of the show, she saw na may duet pala sila. She sighed. She will never be able to avoid him the way she wants to. She has to accept that fact.

Tinawag na sila for their part. Shin still felt awkward but when she looked at Ian, he was smiling. Ano kayang problema nito? Parang wala lang nagyari ah…

“It’s okay Shin. Let’s just get this over with, okay? Try to be comfortable with me. Wag muna natin isipin ang mga personal na bagay, pwede ba yon? Para matapos tayo agad. May party pa tayong pupuntahan, remember?” All smiles si Ian.

This is something that she has not seen for long. His smile had always got to her. Siya lang yata ang may kakayahang ngumiti ng ganun. Then she remembered Raffy. He’s got his father’s smile.

“Sure Christian. Ayoko ko rin naman maging cause of delay eh.”

They started singing the piece assigned to them. They were to sing “Make You Feel My Love”. Ang kapalaran nga naman oh. Why do they have to sing a love song? They were at the latter portion of the song when…

“Ahh!” Ian screamed slightly.

“Why?” Shin was startled.

Ian was closing his eyes. “May something ata sa mata ko. Mahapdi eh.” He rubbed his eyes.

Shin automatically walked over to him. She pulled his hands from his face.

“Blink.” she said to him keeping tight hold of his hands as he tried to get to his eyes again.

“Shin?” he asked as he attempted to blink rapidly.

“Wag mo kasing irub! Mas lalong maiiritate! Putulin ko tong mga kamay mo eh!” she replied. “Just blink.”

“I am blinking!”

“Halika nga dito!” She sighed and pulled Ian away from the stage. “Direk okay na yun. May something daw sa mata Ian. Tanggalin lang namin.” She pulled Ian to the side.  “Wag mo nga kasing irub! Tigas ng ulo eh!”