The Boy

Malphas was a small boy, with short black hair and unnatural red eyes, and for this he was often called The Devil, or The Demon, for he was named after one. Malphas was the oldest of 3 children from The Slums, his younger brother had clear green eyes and blonde hair, so he was granted the name Silva. Malphas had a younger sister as well, she was born with white hair and clear blue eyes, which gave her the name Lunae. These three looked nothing like their parents, who had brown hair and brown eyes, so they were often called bastard children, even though they were full siblings. Life was not easy from them from the start, Malphas's father was a miner, barely making enough to scrape by, and his mother worked as a maid in the Merchant's Road. Because his parents were such hard workers, for what little that they had, Malphas, Silva, and Lunae learned how to work for what you want, and to always be grateful for what you have, no matter how little. Life in The Slums was never easy, children thieving, rabid animals, disease carrying rodents, and to top it all off, Malphas and his family lived in The Reaper's territory! Malphas and his family lived in fear of angering The Reaper, as did everyone, but no matter what, The Reaper never seemed to get angry, and from the low view point, Malphas thought he could often see The Reaper smile. Malphas didn't like that the Pillars ruled over The Slums, he thought that there should be more order and law brought to The Slums, so one day he made himself a small wooden sword, just to practice and get a little bit of training. Malphas hoped that one day he would be enlisted in the Royal Army, then the Queen's Guard, and then he wanted to become The General of the Army, and he was dead set on doing so. Do you think he will actually achieve his dream?