The Reaper

The Reaper was a man made of legend. He was a tall man, with medium length black hair and icy blue eyes. Many thought he was a demon, but in all honesty, The Reaper was just another man. And much to the disbelief of anyone outside of The Slums, The Reaper was a father. The Reaper's real name is Jonathan Soul, and the only people who knew that are his wife and 2 daughters. Soul, like the other Pillars, made his empire off of mystery, no one but his family knew his name or face, even the Queen didn't know who he was. Soul managed to accomplish this by immigrating to the Castle Town from a nomadic tribe of outcasts and exiles. Soul felt as if the nomadic life was not for him, so one night, on the eve of his 16th birthday, Soul hopped into a supply wagon that was going into town, and when the soldiers searched and found him, Soul ran to The Slums, never to be seen again. Another reason Jonathan Soul has managed to stay a mystery is that he is ancient, Jonathan Soul is over 100 years old, only he knows his exact age. Soul has been around since the now Queen was in diapers, still feeding from her mother. And no one else has managed to live as long as him, so no one he met when he first came into Town is alive anymore. Enough with his past, let's get on to now. The Reaper was a kind enough man, he never bursted put in anger and the few people who talked to him were answered with short, polite responses. As scary and serious as The Reaper was, his daughters never failed to make him smile. One time one of his daughters said a really funny joke, and a surprisingly clear laugh rang throughout The Slums. To keep his identity and his family safe, Soul used an ancient magic that only he knew to hide his home, for his greatest fear is for his family to be endangered because of his lifestyle.