Chapter 2: Mall Adventures

-Cole-
After our meeting with Eben, Dalton and I were off to the mall. We blasted our music along the way, and all the while Dalton was screaming to random people on the street, "HEY! WE'RE FAMOUS! BUY OUR CRAP WILL YA?"
I couldn't stop laughing at him and playfully slapped his arm, "DALTON THE POLICE ARE GONNA BE AFTER US!"
Dalton would then slink back in his chair and whisper, "Sorry Cola."
"It's fine Rapattoni," I would then continue to drive before Dalton would see more people and scream yet again.
Once we arrived, both of us had sucky breakfasts, so we decided on Chipotle as an early lunch. Unfortunately, Dalton forgot how to eat a burrito and spilt his meat all over the table. People watched in curiosity as Dalton started to clean up his mess and sing, "OHHHHH YEAHHHHHH CLEANING IS FUN, CLEANING IS FUNNNNN. I AM GONNA PROPOSE TO A LADY TONIGHT OHHHHHH YEAHHHHH CLEANING IS FUN, CLEANING IS FUN, COLE PLEASE HELP MEEEEE."
I was too busy Snapchatting the entire song instead of helping my bro. Once the food was actually down, Dalton and I strolled over to the best jewelry stores in the entire mall. At Pandora, I found the perfect ring for Cass: Shiny, pure, angelic, and made of fresh diamond, just like her. Dalton somehow managed to knock over an entire stand of necklaces while I purchased the ring, and as we scooted out of the store, he tripped over the sign that read FIND THE TRUE ONE. Interesting...
-Dalton-
I managed to be a cult and got Cole and I booted out of Pandora, but at least he found the perfect ring for such a lucky girl. I, on the other land, was extremely picky and couldn't decide on which ring was perfect for a perfect girl like Madi. Just thinking about proposing to her tonight, on this very day, sent chills down my spine. Finally, three hours later, at KAY jewelers, I settled on a shiny gold ring with a smily face. Cole helped me pick it out and I would be as lost as hell if my buddy wasn't there.
We got more food (I was careful not to spill any) and Cole drove me back to my house and promised to take me to the airport. Luckily my mom had already packed all of my things, so I was just able to say goodbye, grab my bags, and go.
"Good luck bro," my sisters chimed as they hugged me goodbye. My father high fived me and said, "You got this Dal. I believe in you."
Saying goodbye to my mom was the hardest. "I am so freakin proud of you Dalton," she squeezed me as tears streaked down her face. "I don't care what she says. You will always be my son, and your friends will always love you."
I didn't realize that Cole was crying until she motioned for him to come into their hug. How sweet of him...
We drove the airport in silence, me occasionally tapping my pocket to make sure that the special box was in there. It always was.
I bit my nails in fear and worry that Madi would say no. But why would she? I could tell Cole was nervous too, for he kept anxiously looking at the time and would beep at others for no reason.
Finally we arrived at the airport. As I continued to worry, I realized that I was not as concerned about proposing to Madi. I now did not want Cass to hurt Cole in any way. He was my best friend, and I have to look out for him. Once my bag was out of the trunk, Cole turned to me and shyly smiled.
I smiled back and whispered, "Good luck tonight bro. I'm gonna miss you a lot."
"I am.. am too," Cole choked. I croked my head. Was Cole.. Crying?
"Sorry bro," Cole wiped under his eyes and grabbed me into a hug. He was so warm and shaking. "Cole.. Shhh... I know you are afraid, but I will always be on my phone and no matter what happens, we will always be friends," I squeezed him and his hand.
Cole stuttered, "I-it's not that.." I interrupted him by breaking the hug and whispering, "She loves you Cole. You got this."
I stared into Cole's brown eyes that were broken with fear and worry. He was concerned about something, I didn't know what. His hair looked so soft and his delicate skin was so pale. Cass was so lucky... Wait. Why was Callie lucky? I started to sweat until my brain told me that she got my best friend. That was why Cass was lucky. But why then did...
Cole stopped my thinking by lightly shaking me and yelling softly, "Earth to Dalton. You're going to be late."
I started to blush, realizing that I was staring into his eyes. I threw my feelings away, hugged Cole one more time, turned around, and left Cole and those weird thoughts for my Madi and my new life.
-Cole-
The ride here was the worst. Kiva said so many nice things to Dalton, and I couldn't help but starting to cry. As we drove to the sound of silence, I was extremely worried about how Madi would react to Dalton. I would not be able to see my best friend hurt. I was concerned about Cass, but I hated seeing Dalton depressed. Do one thing to my angel and you're toast.
Once we got there, Dalton and I hugged, but I couldn't stop crying. I was going to miss him so much, but why? We would be able to chat and stuff, but why did it hurt so much? Dalton assumed it was my nerves, but I never got to tell him how much I would miss him. BUT WHYYYY????
Dalton suddenly stopped the hug and studied me. I stared into his beautiful blue eyes and got lost. He was so freakin gorgeous... Boy, Madi is one lucky thing... Wait. What the hell? I never thought of THAT before. Yeah, Dalton's eyes are nice, but... What was that? I started to blush and got lost into his eyes, his hair, his face.... Whoa, he was as hot as hell. WHAT? BRAIN SHUT UP. COLE SHUT UP. You can't think that way about your best friend.... I was just going to miss him! Yeah! That was it! Right?
Once I broke out of my weird phase, Dalton got lost in my eyes. I shook him to get him back to consciousness. He quickly hugged me and then ran off. Strange.
Nonetheless, I ran back to my car and had an hour to go before Cass and I would go on a date. A very special date. I decided to leave my feelings at the airport and moved on with my life. I was straight. I loved Cass more than anything, or anyone. Including Dalton...
-Cass-
"He's going to propose to you tonight, you're doing such a good job," Eben clinked wine with me.
I blushed and replied, "Well, it's all you! You got me him, so I got you more fans. I am so glad you got him to fall for me."
"I never knew it was this easy. I didn't even have to set up Madi!"
I giggled, a little drunk, and replied, "Well, OF COURSE silly. But I love you too as well."
Eben has EVERYTHING. Cole is too mainstream. But I would get money and time with Eben if I "fell in love" with Cole, who automatically loves me. I didn't really care for him: I just wanted Eben. But I get my Eben only if I "love" Cole. I was set up to do this to keep emo away from Cole. Emo goes to Cole, then Eben and I are done. No way in hell will that happen to my Cola...