Chapter 1: Bye Bye Birdie

-Cole-

I had such a strange dream the night before our Christmas break. I had a dream that there was a figure standing in my room. The figure had wings, blonde and crazy hair, and a haunting smile. Life is confusing, every choice you make will be painful. Just remember, stay close to the ones you love most, the person whispered before disappearing.

I woke up in a halt, breathing heavily and eyes darting around my room, begging for more. What was that about? Tell me more! I groaned at my stupid brain and ignored my strange dream. Today was an extremely special day. I was going to propose to the love of my life before she traveled over Christmas break to Bermuda: Cassidy Shafter. I was exhilarated and excited to call her my own. I had loved her so much and I needed to do this just in case anything happened while she was gone.

Today was also the last day our band, IM5, would see each other before 2013. I had to admit, I was going to miss my buddies. Gabe and Dana were going to Florida, Dalton was traveling to Texas to spend time with Madi, and Will was vacationing in China with his relatives. Since we had a meeting with Eben early today before everyone went away, I rolled out of bed and got ready for the day. I brushed my brown hair, put on a white tee with black jeans and a white beanie to control my hair, and brushed my teeth to look extra special for today.

After vacuuming an entire breakfast, I drove over to the XIX Building. Once I traveled up the elevator and to the meeting rooms, all the boys were gathered around a table, waiting for Eben. Once they all saw me, they screamed, "HI COLE!"

"Hey guys," I couldn't help but snicker at their personalities.

I took a seat next to Dalton, who grinned widely at me and lightly pushed me off my chair. "HEY!" I yelled and laughed while hiking up my chair again.

Dalton gave me puppy eyes and pretend pouted,"I am leavingggg today Cole!!!! I could at least get a HUGG."

I giggled at his childish behaviors and huffed, "Fine Rapattoni. I guess I will miss you."

As we hugged, Dalton snarled playfully, "If you don't come to the airport with me today, I will shove you off your chair again."

I rolled my eyes and broke the hug, saying with a crooked head, "Then come with me to the mall after the meeting?"

Dalton nodded and said, "Deal. Why though?"

Before I had a chance to answer him, Eben came crashing through the door, sweating and dropping gallons of papers on the table. "Sorry I'm late fellas. I got caught up in traffic."

Eben then passed a folder filled with lots of papers to each of us. He explained, "I can't stay for very long, so this meeting is going to be short. In these folders is our new song, Me and This Girl, I expect all of the lyrics memorized after break as well as the choreography. We have a show a few days after we come back, so we wouldn't have much time after we all come back here. Make sure all of your butts are hereby January 4th, for the show is January 7th in Manhattan, New York. Also at the show we will be singing Zero Gravity and any other songs the audience recommends.

"We will be shooting the music video for Me and This Girl after the show, and the rest is in the future. If anything changes, I will email ya'll, so check your emails regularly. I know I am asking for a lot, but I trust that you guys can get this done." Eben's phone then started to ring, and he snapped it off before announcing, "Meeting closed. Have a great break and I will see all of you on January 4th."

I gathered up my folder and just as I was about to leave the door, Eben motioned for Dalton and me to stay. We exchanged nervous glances while the other boys gave us sympathetic smiles. Once they left, Eben crossed his arms over his chest and spoke quietly, "Dalton, Cole, is there anything going on between you too, relationship wise?"

Dalton started to blush and I gasped in horror. "No sir!" I immediately piped back. "We are just really good friends, and Dalton is like a brother to me."

Dalton smiled at me and nodded his head.

"Besides," I shrugged, "I planned on proposing to Cass tonight, before she leaves for Bermuda."

Eben's face lit up and he exclaimed excitedly, "Excellent! Great move Cole! This will bring even more fans, especially when young men see how attractive Cass is."

Eben winked at me, and I playfully yelled, "Hey, she's mine!"

I looked over to Dalton, and shockingly, his face fell. His eyes looked hurt and I could feel he felt.... Defeated? Once he caught me looking at him, Dalton faked a smile and stuttered, "W-Wow... That's awesome bro."

"Okay, well you two have fun. Just remember, take it easy over the break," Eben smiled at us and completed a hand gesture that read Leave now.

Once Dalton and I boarded the elevator, he blushed and said, "I'm sorry Cole. I was never expecting you to propose to Cass, especially since I was going to propose to Madi at the airport tonight..."

"REALLY!" I exclaimed. "THAT'S AWESOME!"

Dalton flashed me a smile with his beautiful teeth and exclaimed, "I just always know that you hate moving things along, so I was worried you were going to get angry when I wanted to marry Madi since we only knew each other for a year. But I can't lose her now, not ever."

I hugged my brother and whispered quietly, "Let's go get some rings."

-Dalton-

"DALTON! WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU UP?" my mother screamed.

I immediately flew out of my bed, my head pressured and my eyes were fizzed. What a weird dream I thought groggily. I ran to the bathroom and put on a Green Day shirt, black pants, my chain, I applied my eyeliner, and I hair sprayed my hair (going for a new style).

I grabbed a Pop tart and flew out of the house before blowing kisses to my pissed off mom. She'll forgive me later and miss me when I go to Texas without her. My whole family moved to LA with me, and now my mom and dad have well paying jobs to pay for our rental house.

Once I arrived at the meeting, Cole walked in and started to talk about going to the mall. I hated going to the mall, but I knew I was going to miss Cole over break, so I wanted to spend every minute with him before leaving. Even if that meant bribes, shoving him off his chair, and going to the most hated place on the planet.

Once Eben finished his meeting, he motioned for Cole and me to stay. We anxiously looked at each other before Eben raised his point of suspicion that Cole and I liked each other. I started to blush while Cole screamed out in horror, "NO SIR!" I mean, Cole was awesome and attractive, but I loved him like a brother, never in that way... I thought to myself.

Soon after that, Cole explained, "Besides, I planned on proposing to Cass tonight, before she leaves for Bermuda."

My face fell in shock while Eben congratulated him. But... Cole.... I had no idea what to think. My best friend, getting married? WIZARD. But, of course, I looked like a jealous bitch on the outside. Funny, I wasn't even jealous of anything.

Once Cole and I were on the elevator, I explained to him why I had acted so weird. It sounded true, and Cole bought it, but it didn't feel right in my chest. My heart felt heavy as I told Cole about proposing to Madi, even though I was excited and couldn't WAIT. But why did I feel like I was lying? But I'm not! I love Madi more than anything! I'm probably missing her, yeah that sounds about right...