Chapter 21: They Never Learn

IM SO SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE IN FOREVER SCHOOL STARTED AND WAS INSANE

-Cass-

    Cole just wouldn't accept the fact that he cannot win. He has control over nothing; I win this round, you idiot. In fact, I win the entire game. It's game over now honey.

    Especially with Dalton finally joining the right side.

    I led the stupid, confused boy away from the chaos of the room and brought him down to the lobby, motioning for him to sit next to me. He looked petrified, and his eyes darted around as if he was being watched or stalked upon. "What... What is happening?" Dalton's voice quivered in fear, and he clutched the side of the chair, trying to breathe in and out.

    "Okay, for starters, your name is Dalton. You and I are dating, we have been together for about, eh, three years? That guy that just ran up to you ran you over with a car before and your memory was erased. He was trying to act all kind and innocent, when in reality he wanted you dead. Money, he said. Your dad is loaded, and right before he ran over you, you were telling me that you were going to give me some of that money. The guy, Cole is his name, overheard and ran you over."

    Dalton blinked, trying to take it all in. "I-I got run over? I have a dad? What's a dad?" he asked, blantly confused. I slapped myself on the forehead and groaned, "Do you remember ANYTHING?" He seemed a little taken aback, then tapped his chin and told me how he was a farmer with a dog.

    "I learned how to talk from my grandma, and I never learned how to read or write," Dalton proclaimed, then furrowed his eyebrows. "No, that's not right. I think it was the city, yeah the city! God, I don't know." He then moaned into his arms. I smiled, and then replied, "Well, Dalton, here's the story..." I told him about his sisters and parents and what not, and he remembered none of it. At all. He still knew how to talk and walk, which surprised me, but I didn't know anything anymore.

    Suddenly, a concerned doctor brushed past us, then noted Dalton. "Mr. Rapattoni, how are you today?" The man asked. Dalton crooked his head in confusion. "Who?" He asked. The guy's face suddenly darkened. He turned to me. "Does he remember..." He started to ask. I shook my head, "No, but I'm his girlfriend, and I had to tell him that." The doctor nodded then grabbed Dalton's hand. The kid was so startled that he flew backwards and whimpered. The man grabbed Dalton again and led him to a room, turning back to me and shouting, "I'm going to get him checked on, don't you worry."

    But I, I was skipping back to my victory. Absolutely perfect. Colton was disintegrated. Dalton was in love with me. And Cole was #1 hated person on Dalton's radar.

    This worked out better than I had ever dreamed.

-Cole-

    The doctor sat us all down in the room, shaking his head. He looked up at us with a grim expression, and it took all of my strength not to collapse onto Will. After Dalton not remembering me, I had a massive anxiety attack in the bathroom. Will came in and calmed me down, but nothing stopped the tears and shakiness. As soon as I came back to the room, many doctors were surrounding Dalton, and Cass sat there glowing. I decided to explain the truth; I needed to help get Dalton's memory back.

    Just as I was about to open my mouth, I remembered that Dalton hated me. If I return his memory, wouldn't he still hate me? Never be forgiving, and he would have every right not to trust me. But I can't create new memories with this life.. .Can I?

    I was so petrified and scared and angry and pissed and done. I just wanted to grab Dalton and run away, shut the world down and just kiss him. But no, that's not life. This is reality, and we need to deal with it.

    I walked into the room and pushed past the nurses and doctors. I had practiced what I was going to say, and I would say it in a way that Dalton would easily remember. When I walked up to him, however, I was too late.

    Cass' eyes were on fire as she stared at me. She then tapped Dalton, whispered to him, and then pointed at me. Dalton's head turned, and he pushed back all the nurses and doctors and the rest of IM5. "Uh, hey Dalton..." I whimpered, honestly now afraid of my angel.

    Dalton spat at my feet and punched me hard in the jaw, sending me flying. "HIM! HE'S THE ONE WHO RAN ME OVER!" He screamed, jumping up and down and kicking me violently. I moaned in pain. My buddies immediately lit up. "HE DIDN'T I SWEAR TO GOD..." "THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE!" "THE VIDEO HAS IT ALL!" "THE SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS FOR ONCE?"

    "SILENCE!" The police officer boomed, and everyone went quiet. Dalton stopped kicking me (leaving me in pain and swollen) and threw me the nastiest glare before skipping over, KISSING CASS, and sliding back into bed. Yes, on the lips. Those lips should be colliding with MINE. Tears formed my eyes, and anger flowed through me. You know what? I had enough.

     I gave up.

    I was done with all of Cassidy's games.

    My head put the pieces together.

    Everything that happened was set up by her

    She just wanted Dalton for reasons I don't even know anymore.

    "So, Mr. Pendery, we have no proof," the police officer began to speak, but my eyes went over to Will. He was staring right as Cass and Dalton, his eyes on fire. His head snapped to me, and he threw me the saddest smile. My fists clenched, teeth burning, I suddenly stood up and roared, "I. AM. DONE. OKAY? I AM DONE BEING TREATED THIS WAY! I'M NOT A PUPPET! I AM DONE WITH YOU CASSIDY SHAFTER! THANKS A HELL OF ALOT FOR RUINING THE ONLY PERSON IN MY LIFE WHOM I TRULY LOVED." I then turned to Eben, who was unusually pale. I stormed over to him and got up in his face, "I. QUIT. I AM LEAVING. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER WHO I LOVE ANYMORE. CAUSE I'M DONE WITH YOUR GAMES. DONE."

    I turned over to the guys, whose jaws were opened. I looked over at Cass, who threw me a smug grin, and Dalton, who was now deadly confused.  Madi, at this point, had broken up with Dalton and ran back to Texas, but she didn't matter anymore. I glared at him for one last time, my love, my life, oblivious to all that I had done and given up for him.

    There was no point in me staying in this hell hole anymore.

    I spun around my heel and without looking back, pushed through the doors and stormed away quickly and very, very angry. And defeated.

    I lost the battle. I lost the war.

    I lost the love that I had spent so hard looking for.

-Dalton-

    I had never been more confused in my life. I had no memory of anything beyond the accident. I apparently hated the Cole guy and was dating the Cass girl. Yelling at the Cole guy felt so wrong, and I had no chemistry with the Cass girl. What was happening? The Cole guy stormed away after I punched him, but shouldn't I be mad for him almost killing me? I wasn't, but was Cass really telling the truth? I was angry at being so confused, and I guess I took my anger out on poor Cole. I hoped therapy would help me, but I didn't know anything anymore.

    What the hell was happening? What was IM5? Why was I in a hospital? And most importantly, why did I feel sparks and weak around that Cole?