Chapter 20: I'm Just a Ticking Pipe Bomb

Hey everybody; I love you all so much and you all love me too right? Right? Hahahaa we all love each other oh yeah just keep that promise thank youuuuu.........

-Cole-

"ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING!" I screamed, waving my arms around the dumb paramedics, trying to obtain their attention that the love of my life was dying ON THE CONCRETE. "Boy, calm down," a firefighter ran up to me sternly. "We have the situation under control; this man is in good hands." I whelped back, "THEN WHY ISN'T HE UP? WHY ISN'T HE TALKING TO ME? HUH? HUH? YOU DIDN'T HAVE AN ANSWER TUBBY? WELL THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT YOU STUPID LITTLE PIECE OF..."

Tears caught my eyes as I snarled at the man, and I tried to blink them away but eventually gave up and collapsed in pain onto the concrete. Will came around and tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up at him with watery eyes and a broken ego and noted that he didn't look any better than I felt. "Ca-can we get ou-out of he-here please," he suddenly whimpered. Fat tears rolled down my face as I got up and hugged him. We mourned together, crying and sobbing and just sitting on a nearby bench, waiting for someone to tell us what the fuck was going on.

Once we had both calmed down to a point where we could talk, Will hissed, "What the fucking hell happened? Why the hell was he running into the street? And who the FUCK ran him over?" I shook my head, explaining the situation with the photo, the powerful man, and me running around and trying to explain the truth. My voice cracked when I started reminiscing the crash scene.

As Will reacted to my side of the story, a paramedic jogged up to us. "We were able to stabilize the boy, but permanent brain trauma is not yet confirmed. We will have to wait for him to wake up and talk to us before we will be sure." I had a million questions swirling around in my head, but I only gaped at the lady and nodded my head.

"Can we see him?" Will's voice squeaked. The lady shook her head. "We don't want visitors until you friend is at the hospital and wakes up. He looks like he will, so don't stress it. Here's the address, you can give us your phone number so we can call you when he wakes up."

I nodded grimly, and Will and I exchanged phone numbers with the lady. Once she left, Will threw me the most anxious glare that I had ever received. I squeezed Will's hand, tears flowing down my eyes. "Will..." my voice suddenly went weak. "What if he.. He... di-dies?"

Will hugged me, crying into my shoulder. "He wouldn't...Dalton is too strong for that." After a few moments of sad hugging, the police marched over to us with a teary eyed Gabe and Dana. "Hello, boys. We would like to ask you a few questions to see if we can find who ran over your friend." A slight scream escaped my lips, and all of the guys looked sympathetically at me. Suddenly, Cass ran over to me, trying to kiss me, but I shoved her off angrily. I guess she wasn't mad that I accidentally kissed another person? The police officer looked over at us, and stated, "Okay guys, let's go to the station now. Girl, do you think you could help?"

Cass shook her head. "Nope," she replied rather boredly, texting on her phone. I was literally two seconds away from grabbing that  shitty phone and drop kicking it to fucking Canada. Instead, I turned away and walked away with the other guys. Her voice echoed off of my back, "Cole, I know exactly what you did. And you will pay."

When I turned around, my blood turning an icy cold and my face paling, she was storming away. The temptation to run after her was real, but I had to find out who ran over the best thing that happened to me. "C'mon, Cole," Gabe whimpered sadly. I could only sigh and tag along, getting ready for quite a painful moment.

-Cass-

The next few days, as Dalton recovered from the hospital, Eben and I broke up our plan. I told him my new plan, but left out me getting Dalton. He didn't need to know that. And that was the way I wanted. I wanted Dalton now, and all of his beautiful money.