Chapter 23

Lucy's pov.**

I stared at Sting with tears streaming down my face. "Please Sting, you have to stay away from me. I'm no longer a.... human. I'm a monster.' I said turning away and used my powers to become invisible and ran away. I have to stay away from everyone. I started to cry silently.

"Why did you have to leave me mom, dad? Why did you have to leave me alone!" I screamed at the top of my lungs befroe collapsing on the ground. I grabbed my legs as I laid in a ball. "God damnit! Where is that girl?!" Rouge said shouting. "Oh no." I wiped my tears and started to run again.

"Her scent is getting fainter. Let's go Shion." Rouge said. Shit! Can't Shion be summoned to my aid without me summoning him? Maybe Shion would be- "Gotcha!" Shion said as he pulled me into a tight hug. "Let go!" I said and shoved him off of me and turned to run but bumped into Rouge. I pulled back my fist and enflamed it with the shadow fist. As I pulled back my fist Shion grabbed my arms and help me back as Rouge touched my forehead with his finger which was surrounded by a green light.

My body started to get weak. Stay awake Lucy! Stay Awake! I tried to stay awake but I fell face forward in to Rouge's body. What felt like seconds later I woke up on a bed. I rubbed my head and groaned as I stood up from the cheap mattress. "Where the hell am I?" I said as I walked up to the only window in the room. I squinted as I stared out as the suns rays hit my vision. "Woah." I breathed out as I stared out at the scenery. Beautiful flowers covered the rich green grass. The sun rays hitting the lake reflecting off the water. Cherry blossoms were everywhere. Little kids ran around the trees playing god knows what.

I smiled at that sight. "Must be nice having no worries." I said quietly to myself. I pushed open the window and took in a deep breath enjoying the sounds of birds chirping. I jumped out the window and landed swiftly on my feet. I started walking to the big fountain in the middle between of the area. "Um, excuse me what is this place?" I asked a guy with silver hair. "This is Lantern Island." He said with a small smile. "Oh uh.. thanks." I gave him a smile and started to walk away. "Hey wait, you aren't from around here are you?" The boy said running up to me.

"Is it that obvious?" I said with a giggle. "We'll you did just ask me where we are so I kinda figured." He said with a tint of blush on his cheeks. "True. Are there any shops around here? It's hot and I don't wanna be in this cloak anymore. I'm dying." I said sighing. "Uh yeah! Just don't take too long. My mom would always take forever when ever she had me go with her." He said and laughed. "By the way, what's your name?" I said walking next to him. "Oh, call me Troy."  I said looking ahead. "I'm Lucy."

After a short walk we arrived at the mall. I simply picked out a white sundress that revealed the back and bought some black sneakers to go with. After I paid, Troy insisted to pay but obviously I'm not about to let a stranger buy something for me, I went into a public restroom to change and tossed my old clothes in a donation box nearby. "Much better." I said as the wind hit my now exposed body cooling it off.

"So Lucy, what brings you here to Lantern Island? Not many people come here." He asked me as we walked back near the fountain. "I really don't know. I just woke up in that house. I don't remember why I'm here." I said pointing up the opened window that I jumped out of. "You mean like a kidnapping?" Troy said as his eyes went wide. "I-I don't know. Maybe my brother brought me here? But I don't know why we would have to leave Magnolia." I said sighing. "Magnolia?" Troy said raising an eyebrow.

"Oh right! Magnolia is where I'm from!" I said smiling. "I've never heard of it." Troy said yawning. "Tired?" I asked with a giggle. "I had to watch my little sisters all day. You try being me." He said with a chuckle. "You have siblings? I've always wanted siblings!" I said standing up. "They're not all that great, trust me." He said with a laugh. "I wanna meet them!" I said jumping up and down. "Um okay?" He said as he walked towards the cheery blossoms. "Violet! Anne! May! Come here!" Troy shouted as three similar looking girls walked over. "What Troy?" The girl with blonde hair and green eyes said. "I wanna introduce you guys to Lucy. Lucy, Violet has green eyes, Anne is the one with brown hair and May is the one with the brown eyes." Troy said pointing to each of the girls as he introduced them to me.

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm Lucy." I said smiling. "Troy?! Hanging out with a hot girl?! What has the world come to?!" Violet said as the other two laughed. I couldn't help but laugh and blush. "Violet! Knock it before I knock-" I slapped my hand over his mouth before he could finish his sentence. I bent down to be level with the three girls. "Who's the oldest?" I said as May raised her hand. "I didn't expect that!" I said giggling as May blushed slightly.

"Yeah, everyone thinks Violet is the oldest since she's the tallest and outspoken one but it's May! And actually Violet is the youngest one! I'm the middle kid! Me and Violet protect May because of her height and she's very shy and gets scared easily so it's our duty to protect her!" Anne said as she fist bumped the air. "I'm glad you guys do that." I said smiling at them. "May, can I take you somewhere?" I asked in a soft toned voice and held out my hand.

May stood there frozen. "May! It's okay! Lucy won't-" As Anne was talking May ran in to my arms. "May? What's wrong?" I asked putting her hair behind her ears. "You remind me of my momma." She said crying on my shoulder. I looked up at Troy and he already seemed to know what I was thinking since he nodded in response. I pushed her slowly off of me and held one hand as I used my free hand to wipe away her tears.

"I wanna show you something, May."