Fifteen

Over the next weeks Natasha would show us the sights and help learn about issues dealing with terrorism and why the Twinkie companies shut down. But every time Steve and I were alone I really felt closer to him. I was drawn to him more and more. Sometimes I would catch myself watching him to make sure he was safe on missions or even if it was because he was going to trip over something. I did like him.

After Steve returned on his morning run he walked inside fast. "Get dressed. We got to go to work."
___________
"How many pirates?" I ask,

"Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc." Rumlow pops of a picture on the monitor. "Ex-TGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's "red notice". Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?" Steve asks,

"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley." He points to a place on the ship map and we nod.

"STRIKE, you heard the Captain. Gear up!" Rumlow says,

"Secure channel seven." Steve says, as the jet gets closer to the boat.

"Seven secure." Natasha says, "You do anything fun Saturday night?" Steve's turns towards me and smirks.

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... No, not really."

"Coming up by the drop zone, Cap." The men yell, and we prepare to jump.

"You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'll probably say yes." Natasha continues trying to set Steve up.

"That's why I don't ask."

"Too shy or too scared?"

"Too busy." Steve jumps out and I follow him down. We both land in the water quietly and climb up the side of the ship. I place my hand over a mans mouth and the coldness freezes his brain.
"Don't move!" I hear a man say and I jump from the roof and onto him as I freeze his too.

"Thanks." Steve says, and I push the body off of me.

"Yeah. You seemed pretty helpless without me." I say, and he smirks.

"What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice." Natasha says, as she lands.

"Secure the engine room, then find me a date."

"I'm multitasking." She says and runs to her destination. I run to the wall and Steve grabs my hand.

"Be safe." He says, and I nod. He runs off and I climb down the wall of the boat. I freeze a window and kick it so I can climb in.

"Natasha, what's your status?" Steve says and I jump to the floor. I look around the room and load my gun as I creep through. "Status, Natasha?"

"Hang on!" She says and we hear fighting and a loud crack. "Engine room secure."

"On my mark. Three. Two. One." Steve says slowly and we all burst into the room shooting the Pirates.

"Natasha, Batroc's on the move. Circle back to Rumlow and protect the hostages." Steve says, but the radio is blank. "Natasha!" We wait a little longer but still no word. "Evelyn cover." I do as Steve says and when I get there me and a few guards watch all the doors and windows. Now all we could do was wait.

After a couple more minutes our mission was cleared. We walked onto the deck and Steve looked angry. It was a while back to headquarters.

"What happened." I asked as we both settled in our own helicopter. The others took the boat back. He pulled off his radio and placed it with his shield. He kept silent. I brushed his chin to turn his head towards me and he stares into my eyes before looking at the pilots. He grabbed my hand putting it down again.