stacey

i am just so glad my mother wasn't there because she probably would've yelled at me or even hit me.

especially if she walked in on me having a mental breakdown.

even when i was little, she was abusive. i used to think it was normal.

stacey was the last friend i ever had.

but one day i went over to my friend stacey's house and we were both eight years old. i saw how nice her parents were to her. she had the perfect family, she had two parents, an older brother, a younger sister, and even a dog.

i remember being so confused because her mom would ask her nicely to make her bed and to do her chores. they almost never yelled at each other. while every conversation i had, was my mom being cruel and screaming at me.

so i asked stacey, "why are your parents so nice to you?"

"what do you mean?" she furrowed her brows.

"well um, don't they yell or hurt you a lot?"

"no! of course they don't. wait... does that happen to you?" she gasped.

"what? no! of course not. never mind." i lied.

"oh, um okay?"

i wish i would have told stacey the truth because then maybe she would've understood why i was so clingy to her that it drove her to getting annoyed with me and ignoring me.

i was too scared to go home.