real

i saw you and this time you were real.

but it felt like i was in a nightmare because you looked all beat up

and hurt.

there were so many machines hooked up to you and your eyes were closed so i couldn't see that beautiful blue-green color.

there were cuts all over your face, probably from the glass windshield hitting you. there were bruises all over your body and probably some broken bones.

i couldn't help but wonder the fear you felt as you realized you were crashing.

i could just imagine your car rolling off the road and down that goddamned hill they found you on.

i couldn't get that image out of my head and what a horrible thing it was.

and now im just sitting here next to you, praying that you will wake up soon.

your mom is silent as she looks at all the cuts and blood on you. she looks devastated and worried.

the last thing a mother ever wants to see is their beloved child hurt and in a hospital bed.

because a child should never die before the parents.

and im listening to your steady breaths, hoping that they'll never stop.

if there was a time god could listen to me, this would be a pretty damn good time.

so if you're listening,

please help the confusing boy that i stupidly love.

please.